OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Heard that Hochul is declaring a state of emergency in Erie County as of 9AM tomorrow.  Anybody know if that will affect the Sabres game getting played tomorrow night?

Maybe...it's supposed to be pretty nasty out the whole weekend.  Bills game Sunday could be an epic disaster 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Flying into buffalo on Sunday? Supposed to go to the Monday afternoon game thru the Saturday game Wondering the likely hood of airport shutting down on Sunday. Anyone that lives in buffalo would definitely have a better feel for what's coming. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Edited by sabresouth

25 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Flying into buffalo on Sunday? Supposed to go to the Monday afternoon game thru the Saturday game Wondering the likely hood of airport shutting down on Sunday. Anyone that lives in buffalo would definitely have a better feel for what's coming. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I doubt you'll be flying in Sunday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

If you want to be in Buffalo this weekend, your odds of getting here by plane are going to drop considerably by tomorrow evening.

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

If you can't move your flight times up, it might be better off for you to see if you can reroute your trip through either Ra-cha-cha or Syracuse and then drive the last 1-1/2 or 2-1/2 hours (depending upon which you end up at).  Don't believe either is expecting nearly as much snow though Ra-cha-cha will likely still be having high wind advisories on Sunday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabresouth said:

They are over blowing it IMHO. Airport should be fine

32 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

One of the worst drives home. I missed the 86 exit due to whiteout conditions. 

Good times. Reinforcing my decision to change my mind and stay home this weekend.  As the week went on my couch looked warmer and safer each day.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Heard that Hochul is declaring a state of emergency in Erie County as of 9AM tomorrow.  Anybody know if that will affect the Sabres game getting played tomorrow night?

Declaring state of emergency helps get the crews out on the roads to keep them clear enough to play the Bills Steelers game.

46 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

2 feet of snow and 45 mph wind gusts is going to cause whiteouts. Exactly what is overblown?

It's only 2ft if you are in that really small band of lake effect snow.

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I lost power from Tuesday through yesterday morning in EA. Lost it again (along with 1,500 others) for 5 more hours last night. Getting pretty sick of winter already...

That sucks…. I just lost power a few minutes ago but it came right back on, hopefully that’s not a sign of what’s coming. I hope the weather men are wrong like most times. Stay safe everyone!

Edited by GoPuckYourself

North of Buffalo, I received my first snow last week that hit the ground and was gone an hour later when the temp. rose. I have yet to move snow since I got the snow blower ready 2 months back. 

Today is high winds and the Bills game will be an event tomorrow. Supposed to get some snow later today but the winds are already howling. So sports and streaming on the TV for the next 2-3 days. Myself and 3 women in the house means beer is required. Usually don't have power issues where I live. We'll see.