GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

blackballed once again hopefully he got a nice payday helping terry tank 

The bold is BS.  Ted is not a tank guy, and he probably didn't buy into do the fully destructive tank that Murray oversaw, and neither did Pat LaFontaine.  LaFontaine fled the scene and left Ted hanging. 

In 2014-15, every time Ted got the team playing better and risking the bottom of the league standings Murray would go off and trade another goalie.    It was sickening.  

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I guess I think Power-Dahlin smacks of desperation, unless they really trust the other pairs to hold up their end for 33 minutes.  That doesn’t seem wise.  

Or unless Power is struggling playing with the others.    ? 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The bold is BS.  Ted is not a tank guy, and he probably didn't buy into do the fully destructive tank that Murray oversaw, and neither did Pat LaFontaine.  LaFontaine fled the scene and left Ted hanging. 

In 2014-15, every time Ted got the team playing better and risking the bottom of the league standings Murray would go off and trade another goalie.    It was sickening.  

Or unless Power is struggling playing with the others.    ? 

Ya, that's how I remember it too. Ted actually had them winning a few games despite the line up and then Murray ditched all the goalies. I think Ted knew he was being sacrificed but he had pride and he kept trying to win. He was stubborn and bull headed, but Ted was a good competitive coach in his time and he had players competing as best they could as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If there is one player I can boo more than Eichel, it’s Taylor Hall. The way he blatantly quit on the ice while he was here is a disgrace to the game; an unforgivable offense and an affront to the hockey gods. Phuck him and all he stands for. If I was given the choice between a Buffalo win and somebody knocking the piss out of Hall as his chiclets flew out of his ugly puss, I’d choose the latter. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If there is one player I can boo more than Eichel, it’s Taylor Hall. The way he blatantly quit on the ice while he was here is a disgrace to the game; an unforgivable offense and an affront to the hockey gods. Phuck him and all he stands for. If I was given the choice between a Buffalo win and somebody knocking the piss out of Hall as his chiclets flew out of his ugly puss, I’d choose the latter. 

let-that-shit-go-buddha-scott-f-towe.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Meh i'm happy he sucked they almost signed that bum to a long-term deal.

Buffalo won at the end 

Edited by Buffalonill

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Agree on Hall. We paid him a ton, then he didn't have the decency to let us trade him for max value.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Finally someone gets it .

He's a  Phony 

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You can share in the contempt and disdain for the next 18 months until everyone will suddenly take credit.

See also Pegula Sucks and Jack is a DB.

I was there five minutes after the presser and moments after I'm Coming For Ya.

I tend to be right early and often.

PA, you know I love ya, but you two are out to lunch on this. Don is not a phony.

i get why buffalonil doesnt like him he hates everything

But what’s your beef with him?

Don is not a phony. He wants to win more than anyone. And anyone can see that he knows hockey. 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

There have been a few veteran players that clearly did not want to play for Buffalo.  Hall is one of them.   Slava Kozlof is another one that comes to mind.   The bigger problem with Hall is that he chose to come here, collect $8M, and then quit on the team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

PA, you know I love ya, but you two are out to lunch on this. Don is not a phony.

i get why buffalonil doesnt like him he hates everything

But what’s your beef with him?

Don is not a phony. He wants to win more than anyone. And anyone can see that he knows hockey. 

I didn't say he was a phony. I think he's genuine. He's also silver tongued along the lines of RaKru,which makes me suspicious. I believe there's a reason he never got a head coaching job. Some of the challenges and goalie pull situations have started to confirm my suspicion. I see nothing so far except maybe he's pulled a woebegone franchise one foot out of a ditch.

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

If you are at the game and want a goatshead jersey I'd suggest grabbing one as they are on a significant back order. Just got mine over the phone.

I'll do my previous response one better. If you want a goathead, rather than paying these fools another red cent, hit me up in the DMs and you can have two for free. A black and a white. All you pay is the postage.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I didn't say he was a phony. I think he's genuine. He's also silver tongued along the lines of RaKru,which makes me suspicious. I believe there's a reason he never got a head coaching job. Some of the challenges and goalie pull situations have started to confirm my suspicion. I see nothing so far except maybe he's pulled a woebegone franchise one foot out of a ditch.

He was never a RaKru guy, but when you are the assistant, you have to go along with what the chief says. This is probably a topic not for the GDT, but he never got a head coaching job because his health sidelined him for a while. He would absolutely get picked up by another team if KA and TP were stupid enough to fire him.

Edited by SwampD
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.