GDT: Coyotes @ Sabres 8 November 2022, 7 PM MSG-B, BSAZ

SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Wish i back in the area.... would love to be going to those games. Will be happy when the fans start coming back!!! They are missing great games!! I am sure they will be there on Thursday though

At least the VGK game is selling and the Bruins is essentially sold out. Just scattered handfuls of seats left.

57 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wait….. Ras AND Power now on their off side?

Man this team needs to get healthy.

Power's been on his offhand every game w/ Clague.  

Lessens the 'they HAVE to have more RHD' vibe when 2 of the top 4 D shoot LH but can play either side.  The 6 is also able to roll to his offhand.  And pretty sure their 2nd best D-man could play either side as well.

But, yes, it definitely will be good to have all 4 that have missed time in the lineup at the same time. 

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

They beat Florida the other day 

Brandon Montour is logging the most minutes on the Florida D. Need I say more? 

We have way more skill and speed but they are more physical by far and if that throws us off our game we could have trouble, but it shouldn't and we should win imo. 

So the line juggling looks like it's going to happen. Not sure how that will play out. Some of those combinations seem weird but we shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Weave said:

I don’t think any game is going to be easy with 4/6ths of our starting D out with injury.  And especially so with our only star player being one of them.

Never had 4/6, only 3/6 at one time. Having two guys out now is zero excuse, everyone has injuries. Dahlin being a star lends weight to latter point but he’s back now. 

It’s Arizona and we’ve lost 2 straight. Must win.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Interested to see if Power ever gets back to the left or if the team is now leading the forefront with an an all left shot top 4 approach 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Wait….. Ras AND Power now on their off side?

Man this team needs to get healthy.

We had only two right shots on D in the lineup for game 1 when healthy, they still have the personnel to trot out two right shots (Lyubushkin, Fitzgerald) if they so chose (Clague at LD replaces Samuelsson). So if they are lining Power and Dahlin up on the right it’s by choice 

• Like (+1) 1

The interesting thing about the lines is there are 2 predominantly offensive lines & 2 predominantly defensive lines.  (Realizing Okposo could be considered an offensive guy & w/ Quinn there could see where somebody might call that one offensive too, but Okposo is so good in his own end, that seems to be his niche & the offense is gravy.)

Granato really hasn't rolled out that sort of an alignment yet.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another 40+ shot night for the good guys.

I want them to handily beat the Yotes to get back on the winning train and to build excitement for the next few games.

DG will be telling them not to look past this game, it is a must win one to stay in the hunt for the playoffs.

I missed the Tampa game, excited to watch tonight.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least the VGK game is selling and the Bruins is essentially sold out. Just scattered handfuls of seats left.

That's great news! This team certainly isn't a top tier team yet. But you can see the progress. This team is entertaining to watch and is very competitive. Even against upper echelon Cup contending teams there isn't an attitude by most fans who have followed the team this season that on any given night this team can't come away with a win. Putting aside the Jack saga, a win against Vegas would be a meaningful measuring stick win. Let's start with a win against Arizona and start off well in these home games.

I suppose it’s possible this represents a bit of a trap game for this team. That’ll be down to the coaches to have them ready - this team performed very well in “event” games last year so I’ve no doubt we’ll be getting their A game Thursday - hopefully not looking past this one. Isn’t really something this team as it stands can afford. 

42 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok jack quinn will score 2 goals tonight 

Looks like DG took him off both PP units, so it will be more of a challenge. Would love to see it though because I think when he does get untracked he’s gonna explode.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I suppose it’s possible this represents a bit of a trap game for this team. That’ll be down to the coaches to have them ready - this team performed very well in “event” games last year so I’ve no doubt we’ll be getting their A game Thursday - hopefully not looking past this one. Isn’t really something this team as it stands can afford. 

Teams that are on a 2 game skid don't have trap games.

This team isn't good enough to eliminate all 2 game losing streaks, but they should be good enough to have a goal of no 3 game L streaks and maybe even attain it.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Teams that are on a 2 game skid don't have trap games.

This team isn't good enough to eliminate all 2 game losing streaks, but they should be good enough to have a goal of no 3 game L streaks and maybe even attain it.

Can’t, not don’t 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.