GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 10/15/2022, 1pm, MSG, ESPN+, BSFL, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Just now, FanaticSense06 said:

I don't like these powerplay units at all bro... Okposo and Krebs on the 1st PP unit, why are not putting Tage in there so we got two threats on each side, one from Olofsson and one from Tage?

This is the first bad coaching decision I have seen Granato make that stands out quite a bit, Our PP has been CRAP and he continues with trying to spread the talent out between 2 different powerplay units.

They've split out the PP shots (splitting Tage and VO), perhaps to spread out the threats. But Krebs/Mitts aren't owning the puck and distributing yet. I think only one of Krebs/Mitts stays on the wing within a few weeks if this continues.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

They've split out the PP shots (splitting Tage and VO), perhaps to spread out the threats. But Krebs/Mitts aren't owning the puck and distributing yet. I think only one of Krebs/Mitts stays on the wing within a few weeks if this continues.

YEa I don't agree, you only get so many Power Plays a game and the teams that win make them count.

Not putting Tage and Olofsson on the same unit is a mistake.

If you score on the 1st PP unit then the PP ends and the 2nd unit never needs to see the ice... This spread the talent out strategy = bad.

Edited by FanaticSense06

7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

How we playing.  Only able to catch boys and pieces as we are travelling right now. 

Still too many odd-man rushes, but Florida is doing really well to begin their counters quickly. The Sabres definitely settled down sooner than they did against Ottawa. The Tage line still is missing -- the message is out to the league: as soon as Skinner or Tage begins to carry the puck, pressure them immediately. Comrie was solid. Bryson gave up a goal and then made a great stick check to breakup a 2-on-1 after Girgensons tied the game.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The bad news is we are on pace to give up what seems like 20 odd man rushes a game. 

Leaky as hell. What is going on? They’re fun to watch, but that is a losing brand of hockey.

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How many 2-1 can we give up? 

This is the only question I can focus on right now.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Krebs doesn’t do much for me. He turns the puck over and gets bodied way too much. We’d probably be better with Vinnie out there instead.

I agree.

Also, I was happy to see some of the board engage my coneheads thread. It was meant to stir convo, I really like cozens and perteka together, hoping that line rolls. thanks all.

2 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

YEa I don't agree, you only get so many Power Plays a game and the teams that win make them count.

Not putting Tage and Olofsson on the same unit is a mistake.

If you score on the 1st PP unit then the PP ends and the 2nd unit never needs to see the ice... This spread the talent out strategy = bad.

I agree. I'd reunite last year's top unit and then expand on the 2nd unit (which looked OK in late last year, but now it's got Power instead of Joker). I think we'll see if the game slows down for Quinn and then he can step into the left dot on PP2. If not, he's got to go back to Rochester and you need to rebalance the shooters by bring Okposo back to the right faceoff dot for his shot. Okposo is down low this year and that's a good spot for him, but he was great as the PP2 right shot last year.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m putting the split PPs at 5 games. Eventually we’ll return to something akin to

Thompson-Cozens-Olofsson

Tuch - Dahlin

Quinn-Skinner-Okposo

Krebs - Power

I want it to end now, split the PP's has never been a good strategy.. it doesn't make sense, you have a 2 minute time limit and the PP ends as soon as you score, so you should be putting as much talent out on the ice at the same time as you can to SCORE, we don't need or should we want to even have our 2nd PP unit see the ice, if the 2nd PP unit is seeing the ice the PP already failed imo.

Edited by FanaticSense06

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.