Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

What's wrong with Jack Edwards?? In his older clips you can tell he has a facility with language and a rapid-fire delivery. These days, he just can't get the words out like he used to. This is consistent. Now, he isn't enunciating clearly and he's always verbally lagging behind the play. He sounds "draggy." I don't buy that he's high or drunk; I think the man has had a stroke. 

There's a big difference between these two clips.

Before: 

After: 

42 minutes ago, Quint said:

What's wrong with Jack Edwards?? In his older clips you can tell he has a facility with language and a rapid-fire delivery. These days, he just can't get the words out like he used to. This is consistent. Now, he isn't enunciating clearly and he's always verbally lagging behind the play. He sounds "draggy." I don't buy that he's high or drunk; I think the man has had a stroke. 

There's a big difference between these two clips.

Before: 

After: 

Lots of speculation about Edwards.  After Ted Darlings rapid decent, I wont speculate.

• Agree 1

So much of this game comes down to confidence and having a mental edge over your opponent. In the first period today, Olofsson went for a puck at the boards along with a Montreal defender. Olofsson could have braced to the point side and worked down low, or braced to the corner and tried to turn up high. The defender had to pick one of those options and be prepared to defend it. Olofsson is skilled enough to make either play, neither gave an inherent advantage. Olofsson beat him and he backed off very quickly, giving Victor time to set the power play back up. 

The Sabres have spent a decade losing 65% of those scenarios. Having low skill can limit you in situations like these and make you more predictable, but a lot of it is ~vibes~ and having a feel for the ice that unlocks with high confidence and is impossible to grasp otherwise. 

Boston's players are skilled but they aren't more skilled than plenty of teams, maybe even some mediocre teams. But part of the "chemistry" that makes them so good is confidence instilled by the presence of something older than plenty of their players' tenures with the team. They never blink first, they dictate how a battle will go before it even begins

The Sabres threw this away and haven't fully recovered it yet. The talent is becoming tantalizing enough that if they get it back they will dominate the league, but I'm not really sure how they can complete this step 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Agree 1

I wish I had not looked at the Penguins remaining schedule...ugh. The extra point won't matter at all as Pit will cruise to the final wild card spot. They are not losing more than 3 games the rest of the way and the Isle are just too far ahead. The fact that interest was held until March 27 is pretty darn good if I am going to be honest with myself. I really can't wait to see the finishing touches this summer and the intro of Devon Levi as the hopeful starter.

Agreed kinda nice that games actually had some meaning this late in March. 

So anyways I must say that up here in the Great White North bloody Sportsnet must be in love with the Bruins..they have them on over and over and there is nothing worse then seeing the B's that much except having to hear their absolutely terrible announcers. I get that most announcers are biased and such but they are so bad it gets to a point where I simply cannot listen to them anymore. 

And on another note I really cannot see the NHL no thaving Cindy in the playoffs. It must be hard for the league to see OV not getting in either. While we lament our beloved Sabres and there is endless amounts of doom and gloom posted (especially after a lose), Washington is a mess. Not very good and aging and have traded so many draft picks for older guys that they have so veryu few prospects now. Just like the Leafs are doing now. That mentality has to catch up to you at some point. Clearlythat terrible GM the Leafs have is afraid to lose his job and is giving away far to much to try and save his a** and win a playoff series. Sure hope they get smoked in the 1st round again as usual...

9 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I wish I had not looked at the Penguins remaining schedule...ugh. The extra point won't matter at all as Pit will cruise to the final wild card spot. They are not losing more than 3 games the rest of the way and the Isle are just too far ahead. The fact that interest was held until March 27 is pretty darn good if I am going to be honest with myself. I really can't wait to see the finishing touches this summer and the intro of Devon Levi as the hopeful starter.

Down 3-0 in the first to Detroit. Did you have that as a loss?  You just never know. Teams that are out of it , can be the toughest down the stretch 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't remember this.

I was at the game.  According to his former teammates, Perreault used to do this to kill time at the airport and different guys would join in for different songs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.