Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Except he was a ROOKIE.  

Hellllllooooo Devin Levi.

That's the durn fly in the ointment.  He got by with a rookie playing by far his best hockey and a friggin' journeyman.  That coupled with only 1 injury the entire playoff run and that happening when a 1st liner was ready to come back from a regular season injury and take his place with no bumps in performance.

Ya, I suppose that could be his thought process but wow if he thinks he can just repeat history like that maybe he should have spent a little more time in concussion protocol during his playing career. 

I guess in sports anything can happen. There's been miracles on ice after all so who knows, but I think the likelihood is pretty remote. I doubt there'd be anybody on Sabrespace who would feel honestly confident about this team's chances next year if our goalies are Levi, UPL and Comrie when the season starts.

@Taro T you got me curious to look back at that Carolina roster

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0009792006.html

and that's a roster structured very differently from what we have. Lots of down and dirty hard working playoff warrior types on that team. They had a lot of what are the missing elements on this team. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

If the Blackhawks are worried about people being offended with Pride Night jerseys, wait until everyone figures out what they wear the rest of the time...

I love every so often when this comes up and people have no idea that Blackhawk was a person.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone watching Canisius vs Minnesota? Griffs tie it up. 1-1.

2-1 Canisius in the 2P.

Canisius looking really competitive

edit:  i jinxed them.  when they end up losing i take full responsibility

Edited by Ctaeth
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm curious what Sabres fans think of this:

is this just one more example of why you hate Marchand? or is this what the Sabres should be doing when somebody runs Dahlin late?

Bruins are the best team in the league, part of that is culture. I would love to see a Sabre do this after a cheap shot on Dahlin, in fact, they had the opportunity to multiple times this season. They failed, and the timid-ness of this team reared it's ugly head over and over this season. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

is this just one more example of why you hate Marchand? or is this what the Sabres should be doing when somebody runs Dahlin late?

Loved everything but the 2 punches to the MTL guy when he was on the ice. Marchand is the epitome of hate when he's against you but would love him if he were on your team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Did he get an instigator penalty?

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The glove on punches while he is down on the ice and essentially defenseless is a total dick move.  
But I’d rather cringe about it on my team than not have any response.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.