Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ullmark's had 60 goalie hugs this season. Flawless in the shoot out. 

Just imagine if KA had opened the vault and signed him..............

there really wasn't much difference in our offer and the bruins one.   He took the one from what looked to be a better team and sure stanley cup contender over the team with question marks.

10 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Isles lose in regulation to Carolina.. maybe they actually are still in striking distance?  6 points ahead.. but we have 2 games in hand.  

Just keep winning

It's better than that - we have three games at hand on the Islanders - if we win those three we're tied but we'd have more wins

• Thanks (+1) 1

I was watching part of the Islander/Carolina game. The Islanders are a tough and grinding team. I just couldn't stay tuned to the game. When they play there is little entertainment value and soul crushing to watch. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms to make about the Sabres. However, you can't deny that they play an entertaining brand of hockey. 

25 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

It's better than that - we have three games at hand on the Islanders - if we win those three we're tied but we'd have more wins

Thanks for the correction, I think I was looking at the standings and they weren't updated yet.  Sounds like they are definitely within striking distance!

Thinking Tage will be back Tuesday too ....

Just now, Ctaeth said:

Thanks for the correction, I think I was looking at the standings and they weren't updated yet.  Sounds like they are definitely within striking distance!

yep:

6 behind NYI with 3 in hand and hold tiebreaker

4 Behind FLA with 2 in hand and we hold tiebreaker and play them next

3 behind PIT but with only 1 in hand + they have a much easier closing schedule, so they may be tough to catch

5 behind the Pens with 2 in hand.

They were outplayed by Filly for the most part but DeSmith was ON and the Pens 1st goal was a fluke.  

The Pens still play Joisey.  But that could very well be the only game of their last 5 they lose.  The Aisles are more catchable.

30 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Thinking Tage will be back Tuesday too ....

yep:

6 behind NYI with 3 in hand and hold tiebreaker

4 Behind FLA with 2 in hand and we hold tiebreaker and play them next

3 behind PIT but with only 1 in hand + they have a much easier closing schedule, so they may be tough to catch

1.jpg

If these 5 teams win out, PIT ends up with 96, NYI, FLA and the Sabres end up with 95, and OTT ends up with 90. (Of course BUF plays FLA and OTT, FLA plays BUF and OTT) So I think the Sabres control their destiny, but we might be boned by the "regulation win" tiebreaker. (RW) We only have 28 while NYI and FLA each have 33, and PIT has 29.

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

5 behind the Pens with 2 in hand.

They were outplayed by Filly for the most part but DeSmith was ON and the Pens 1st goal was a fluke.  

The Pens still play Joisey.  But that could very well be the only game of their last 5 they lose.  The Aisles are more catchable.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1.jpg

If these 5 teams win out, PIT ends up with 96, NYI, FLA and the Sabres end up with 95, and OTT ends up with 90. (Of course BUF plays FLA and OTT, FLA plays BUF and OTT) So I think the Sabres control their destiny, but we might be boned by the "regulation win" tiebreaker. (RW) We only have 28 while NYI and FLA each have 33, and PIT has 29.

I know everyone expected the Sabres to be up and down this year, but this playoff race has just truly been unreal.  Several times it has felt like they are completely out of it.. and then a few games later they are back in it.  

I guess where I am going with this.. is that it feels insane that we still have a good shot at this.

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1.jpg

If these 5 teams win out, PIT ends up with 96, NYI, FLA and the Sabres end up with 95, and OTT ends up with 90. So I think the Sabres control their destiny, but we might be boned by the "regulation win" tiebreaker. (RW) We only have 28 while NYI and FLA each have 33, and PIT has 29.

Sabres and Swamp Cats can't both win out.  They play each other.  The Sabres WILL win that game.

So, the Sabres have to miss out on 1 fewer points than the Aisles do out of their last 4 remaining games because as you say the Aisles have the tie breaker.

The Aisles have TB & Filly at home, go to the Caps, and then end at home a couple of days before everybody else against the Habs.  It might just be wishful thinking, but the Aisles can easily miss out on 4 of those 8 points.

The Sabres are almost certainly going to lose to the Canes.  Beat the Swamp Cats and Detroit.  Take 3 of 4 in the Metro NY region.  Beat the Otters and the BJs.

Florida hosts the Otters, visit the Caps, and then host the Loafs and Canes.  If they lose 1 of those 4 (they could lose more) then the Sabres taking 11 or 12 points out of their remaining 14 gets them in.

But it starts on Tuesday with a win by the swamps.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.