Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

On 2/19/2023 at 11:42 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Which prospects are you willing to give up in trade?  To me the only untradeable prospects are Kulich and Levi.  After that I'm willing to part with Rosen and either Östlund or Savoie, but not both.  To part with either it would have to be a young player with term.

To give up Savoie , it would have to be a huge target

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2023 at 12:36 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sad to say, but there isn't really enough roster spots for all our current legit forward prospects

1st Rd prospects - Savoie, Kulich, Östlund and Rosen

2nd Rd prospects - Kisakov, Poltapov

3rd & 4th rd legit prospects - Bloom, Nadeau, Neuchev

Others - Cederqvist, Kozak, Rousek, Marjala, Huglen, Weissbach, and Richard.

There are also others than may emerge.  That's alot of depth and quality.  At some point some of them will be moved for players, more picks or prospects.  

With Sabres being so close to playoffs (ahead of schedule) which prospects above to you dangle to get those last few pieces to get you in ??

10 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

With Sabres being so close to playoffs (ahead of schedule) which prospects above to you dangle to get those last few pieces to get you in ??

We are not ahead of schedule by any means.  We are 7 years behind schedule.  That said, Kulich and Levi are the only two prospects off limits.  To get an Östlund or Savoie, the acquiring team would have to offer some excellent.  

One place I might look to swap a forward for a D is the LA Kings.  They have a logjam of quality RHD prospects like Spence, Faber and Grans.  Maybe there is a deal to be had with them? 

On the NHL front, I'd move on with a top prospect for a young, signed D capable or partnering with Power. 

As to when, now would be a good time to look at moving some of our capital to help the Sabres.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Savoie finishes with 2 goals and an assist. 1 PP goal and one SH goal.

Apparently the Savoie-Benson duo are scoring more short handed then they are allowing.

Benson is an interesting player. He doesn’t have Savoie’s electric speed even though they are the same size. A lot of his game is about outworking players for pucks.

I just wonder about 5’9-5’10 guys outworking/outbodying  NHL guys for pucks.  He will be long gone before Buffalo picks. He is a talented kid but Buffalo has enough small forwards in the pipeline. If he somehow fell to Buffalo’s spot you run to grab him and then move someone else. He has great chemistry with Savoie.

For those that don’t watch though don’t think that because Benson has more points that he is the superior player to Savoie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Savoie finishes with 2 goals and an assist. 1 PP goal and one SH goal.

Apparently the Savoie-Benson duo are scoring more short handed then they are allowing.

Benson is an interesting player. He doesn’t have Savoie’s electric speed even though they are the same size. A lot of his game is about outworking players for pucks.

I just wonder about 5’9-5’10 guys outworking/outbodying  NHL guys for pucks.  He will be long gone before Buffalo picks. He is a talented kid but Buffalo has enough small forwards in the pipeline. If he somehow fell to Buffalo’s spot you run to grab him and then move someone else. He has great chemistry with Savoie.

For those that don’t watch though don’t think that because Benson has more points that he is the superior player to Savoie.

When I watched them play live I walked away liking Benson’s game, but it looked to me like Savoie was the driver of the duo. It was just one game and may have not been representative, but Savoie was about getting pucks, Benson about getting open for them.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

When I watched them play live I walked away liking Benson’s game, but it looked to me like Savoie was the driver of the duo. It was just one game and may have not been representative, but Savoie was about getting pucks, Benson about getting open for them.

They both have tremendous hockey sense and play well off of each other. Benson wins a lot of battles down low and defensively.  Savoie uses his speed to retrieve pucks and Benson reads off of him in those situations and finds open ice.

• Like (+1) 1

"Where he's struggled quite a bit, though, was the physical game. This is arguably where we've seen the most growth from Östlund this season. If last season he got pushed around a lot against men, he's now frequently coming out on top from board battles, leveraging his posture as an advantage to win body positioning. He's still not the biggest or strongest, but he now has more physical skill than before."

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

"Where he's struggled quite a bit, though, was the physical game. This is arguably where we've seen the most growth from Östlund this season. If last season he got pushed around a lot against men, he's now frequently coming out on top from board battles, leveraging his posture as an advantage to win body positioning. He's still not the biggest or strongest, but he now has more physical skill than before."

I think a lot of people out there and on this board are sleeping on Östlund.  They continue to mention guys like Kulich and Savoie way ahead of him.  I keep seeing people say they are ok with trading him but not certain guys. 
Östlund is going to be a heck of a player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I think a lot of people out there and on this board are sleeping on Östlund.  They continue to mention guys like Kulich and Savoie way ahead of him.  I keep seeing people say they are ok with trading him but not certain guys. 

Agree with every word.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Agree entirely. Which is why I think KA and Co. will hold on to all three 2022 1st round picks. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.