GDT: The Risen Sabres at the Phlyers - April 17 5:00 pm

That Aud Smell

16 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

good job boys. I’m liking what I’m seeing. I was entertained.

The Flyers right now are reminiscent of pre-Granato Sabres teams:  They can bring it at times but really they're not that good.  We were lucky to escape with a win tonight; the advantage was that Philly was also less than 24 hours removed from their last game.  I think the Sabres had more stamina and consistently maintained intensity for more of the game.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Had the Philly tv feed. Their sponsored “defensive play of the game” featured Samuelsson using his length and strength to break up a chance on goal. Their sponsored player of the game was Olofsson. Interesting.

Did they mention his Daddy was a Flyer?  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Risto gone, Eichel gone, Krueger gone!!! 

The Sabres are all of a sudden much better. Who woulda thunk?? Well, even if they replaced RK with a cardboard cutout of anyone, they woulda been better.

Don’t forget Reinhart, McCabe, and Uhlmark are gone too. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So 2 20 goal scorers, 2 30 goal scorers anyone else close to 20 and TT closing in on 40.   Add Quinn and Peterka and more growth  from younguns...

Next on the roster is Cozens with 13. We do have 9 guys with double digit goals. Compared to:

2021: 3

2020: 5

2019: 7

2018: 7

2017: 8 

2016: 8

2015: 5

2014: 4

2013: 4

2012: 7

You have to go back to 2011 (11) since we've seen that many.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Sloppy sloppy game but somewhat entertaining all the same. Fun to win isn't it?

That wasn't good enough to beat a good team but thankfully Flyers are a bad team. They have very little upside imo. I can see them being bad for a while and the talk of tearing it down and firing the GM and all that will be rampant. 

Second game in a row where Power jumped into the play perfectly but misjudged and mistimed the one timer. Told ya he is still adjusting to the speed. Believe me now? (probably not). BUT, lot of good in his game and good instincts and he will be good, but he still needs a lot of time and coaching. Not sure sink or swim in the deep end is the right approach. See what they do next year I guess. 

Samuelsson on the other hand, developed properly in Rochester, looking like a solid dominant D man and he should still get better. Just add that solid veteran RHD as we've all discussed and that D should become a force. Finally. 

I like beating the Flyers. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't put any stank on Ullmark. He often played well in a shooting gallery. McCabe just had too many injuries. Reinhart no comment. Not worth going back to that but yes, him too. 

Ullmark was injured too much as well.   He is injured again, and Boston journalists are like, just when he was starting to play well Ullmark got injured.  Sounded familiar.  I liked him but he is not a 1A option with his injuries, he needs to share time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

No pills.  I make a nice Manhattan and I have a good stash of Single Malt Scotch. 

For next year, ESPN+ is probably a cheaper and more versatile option.  You can stream on multiple devices.  I have watched   on my iPhone and IPad in airports, hotels, etc.  

The only drawback is no pre and post game coverage.  

After being on the phone for an hour and they running a diagnostic I was able to get the game. I saw most of the third period. So because I didn't watch most of the game I'm going to refrain from giving comments about it. However, I did watch the post game show and saw the highlights. VO has gotten his shot back! I hope those who have talked about trading him are now changing their view. He is a valuable asset. I did see Granato's post game comments. He is marvelous in giving a clear and accurate description of the game and has great understanding of his players and their individual makeups. You can see the twinkle in his eyes when commenting on Samuelsson and Power.  

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sloppy sloppy game but somewhat entertaining all the same. Fun to win isn't it?

That wasn't good enough to beat a good team but thankfully Flyers are a bad team. They have very little upside imo. I can see them being bad for a while and the talk of tearing it down and firing the GM and all that will be rampant. 

Second game in a row where Power jumped into the play perfectly but misjudged and mistimed the one timer. Told ya he is still adjusting to the speed. Believe me now? (probably not). BUT, lot of good in his game and good instincts and he will be good, but he still needs a lot of time and coaching. Not sure sink or swim in the deep end is the right approach. See what they do next year I guess. 

Samuelsson on the other hand, developed properly in Rochester, looking like a solid dominant D man and he should still get better. Just add that solid veteran RHD as we've all discussed and that D should become a force. Finally. 

I like beating the Flyers. 

The sink or swim or immersion into NHL play is the right approach to take with Power. This staff would be foolish to have him spend any time in the AHL. He's got a lot to learn as do any rookie players. What he has demonstrated is his short stint is that not only can he handle playing in this league but he can excel in it. There is no doubt that he will never see any time in the minors unless sent there in a rehabbing assignment. 

VO at 20 goals when he couldn’t shoot for half a season is pretty impressive.

Healthy VO is 30+ on the year.

They should not be looking to move on from VO or Mitts.

Get a legit NHL goalie, upgrade the 3rd D pair, promote Quinn, maybe JJ and this team should be challenging for a playoff spot next season.

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.