GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

46 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Appreciate the input. I'm a lifelong fan, but not on the level recently that many of you all are. I've been trying to reignite it for years.

That's a shame because I've never been more engaged with the Sabres. It's been most satisfying seeing this team pull themselves up.

• Like (+1) 1

A couple of quick observations.

I love how much better the Sabres are at covering the point when the D pinches.  I noticed Krebs, Mitts and Skinner all game long quickly recognizing the pinch and covering the point immediately.  This has made the cycle so much more effective.  This has been improving all season long, but it’s been really noticeable of late.

Speaking of Krebs and Mitts  (and Cozens as well), they look like they are about to explode.  They were so active tonight.  I particularly noticed Krebs fighting and winning on the boards against bigger players.  I also really like Cozens and Krebs together.  Asplund was also good tonight.

Samuelsson is a monster and is becoming a terrific player.  I also love Fitz’s effort.   DG talked about Fitz’s growth before the season even started.  

What an amazing night. Dealer, hopium all around.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 9

45 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Having the Pegula's in the building to see and hear it with their own eyes will maybe inspire them to go "all-in" to get this team back to contender status so that Key Bank can look and sound like this every game!  If you build it (good team), they will come (fans).

The Pegulas don't need to do anything but let Adams do his job and give him every resource. The LAST thing I want is the owners telling the GM to make a move.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Mitts hard on it 

52 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He hasn't been the most productive, but he's been the hardest working forward.  Is he our new Mike Grier?

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just wait until they put Quinn with him next year.  He just needs a linemate who can score.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Him who!?!?

Does this help?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Does this help?

Yes

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Pegulas don't need to do anything but let Adams do his job and give him every resource. The LAST thing I want is the owners telling the GM to make a move.

Bingo 

• Like (+1) 1

Attended First game in two years. Well that was a fun time. Reminded me of games many many years ago. I didn’t like how they handed out the banners. Glad my wife and I each got one, but I can see how people can double or triple dip with little effort. Oh well …

I know it’s overpriced arena pizza, but good god that was horrible to eat. Just exquisitely bad. Until they change vendors, I’ll never have that pizza again. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I was able to watch the tribute and then parts of each period.

Wow, were the Sabres gassed at the end.  I'm surprised by this; it's a young team.  But also wow, did they play hard.

A very nice evening/night.

Given how hard they skated... all night getting back especially after the end of the first snafus

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I was able to watch the tribute and then parts of each period.

Wow, were the Sabres gassed at the end.  I'm surprised by this; it's a young team.  But also wow, did they play hard.

A very nice evening/night.

I disagree 100%. I watched the whole game and that's not what I saw.  Buffalo forechecked and backchecked the hell out NSH tonight and I thought had the better energy the entire game.  They almost scored about 10 times (including the 2 empty net misses) to go up 5-3.  They outshot NSH 35-25 and I haven't seen the stats but I bet they had twice as many high chance opportunities.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Digger said:

The team's culture is really starting to take shape as the season progresses.

I think the difference is that in the last decade everyone knew the JAGs were mere placeholders and they contributed as such (i.e., they didn't contribute).  This year even the JAGs are truly part of the team.  Hinostroza's a JAG but he wants to come back and doing everything he can to convince management to do so.  Same with Pysyk and even... yes, Eakin.  I'm not saying I want all these guys back on the club next year, but they're definitely a contributing part of this year's team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just wait until they put Quinn with him next year.  He just needs a linemate who can score.

I hope so.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Alex Tuch sure acts like a captain. And I was floored Eakin was on the other arm. 

I think Eakin is much more of a locker room guy than any of us realize.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.