GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

Something really good brewing with this team. I was all gloom and doom at the start of the season, but I'm totally on board now.  They're a fun team to watch, some great young talent on the team, and some real exciting players ready to make the jump next season. I take back most of what I said this past offseason. Still work to do, but reason to be very excited for next season. I forgot how great hockey is to watch when it's played with passion and skill. What's really great is that they are focusing on scoring goals, not winning boring games. Just the style fans love to see.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

Something really good brewing with this team. I was all gloom and doom at the start of the season, but I'm totally on board now.  They're a fun team to watch, some great young talent on the team, and some real exciting players ready to make the jump next season. I take back most of what I said this past offseason. Still work to do, but reason to be very excited for next season. I forgot how great hockey is to watch when it's played with passion and skill. What's really great is that they are focusing on scoring goals, not winning boring games. Just the style fans love to see.

Meatballs got them past ‘soccer’ hockey (1-nil) vs. prior guy.

• Like (+1) 3

Great win for RJ! Love seeing a full barn and fans into the ebb and flow of the game, reminded me of the Hasek era.

Lost in the celebration, Tage Thomspon just did something ROR has never done in his career... score 30g.. and he's not done.   

Trade won, confirmed! 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, pi2000 said:

Great win for RJ! Love seeing a full barn and fans into the ebb and flow of the game, reminded me of the Hasek era.

Lost in the celebration, Tage Thomspon just did something ROR has never done in his career... score 30g.. and he's not done.   

Trade won, confirmed! 🤣

Lol.  

The return on Jack trade is looking pretty good as well. I love the joy Krebs plays with.  He’ll never forget scoring the first goal tonight.  

• Like (+1) 6

This team has a lot of things moving in the right direction, but it took RJ to bring the fans back.  And that makes sense, as he's been drawing fans to the Sabres his entire brilliant career.

And all credit to the team, showing the fans that they're worth their attention. Another mini Cup game, and the team kept it going.  Let's go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He hasn't been the most productive, but he's been the hardest working forward.  Is he our new Mike Grier?

Excellent observation about his current hardnose style of play. Who would have thought that about Mitts a couple years ago who many considered him to be a soft player? He's now an effort and grinding player like Grier only he has more offensive skills. He made some nice long passes in this game to set free players who had some open ice in front of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Some quick thoughts on this game: If I had to give a first star it would go to Anderson who at the end of the game stayed strong when Nashville was making a hard push. Tage would be vying with Anderson for the top star because he scored two goals. A collective third star should go to the team for its backchecking. It was ferocious throughout the game without any let-ups. Nashville is a good team and had a lot to play for in this game. 

It's difficult to single out players because everyone played hard. I thought Tuch stood out and so did Skinner, Krebs, Mitts and Okposo. The full house was energized and created a dynamite atmosphere. As a spectator watching this game on TV this was a tense game. I really wanted a win for RJ and for the fans. They deserve it. 

In this stretch the Sabres have earned points in 8 consecutive games. That's quite an achievement. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Dude, they OWN the organization! KA & Meatballs have this thing in a positive direction (& the Bills & Sabres are talking - to maximize cultural & organizational growth mind set.) I believe it is going in the right direction. ☮️ out.

Cool, Terry and Kim can stay the ***** out of decision making, dude. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.