The After The Whistle thread: ep.81 Elliotte Friedman "Power Hour"

PromoTheRobot

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I figured I'd start a catch-all thread for Craig and Petey's podcast.

Ep. #76: Carlo Colaiacovo talks about how Tim Murray and Disco Dan Bylsma royally jerked him around. Unreal.

Also Carlo: "They gave the C to Jack too early."

Sounds like where the culture around the team started plunging.

Wednesday’s episode with Marty Wilford is a must-listen, particularly towards the end.

Listening to the genuine excitement Marty has for his players -both their skill and their character - is infectious.

I think the culture shift we’re feeling is real.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I figured I'd start a catch-all thread for Craig and Petey's podcast.

Ep. #76: Carlo Colaiacovo talks about how Tim Murray and Disco Dan Bylsma royally jerked him around. Unreal.

Also Carlo: "They gave the C to Jack too early."

Listening to this episode, it is hard to argue that culture is a real thing. Something is brewing with this group.  

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to The After The Whistle thread: ep.80 Kevin Adams interview
On 3/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, dudacek said:

Wednesday’s episode with Marty Wilford is a must-listen, particularly towards the end.

Listening to the genuine excitement Marty has for his players -both their skill and their character - is infectious.

I think the culture shift we’re feeling is real.

For those of us too stupid and lazy to do the work, who is Marty Wilford?

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

For those of us too stupid and lazy to do the work, who is Marty Wilford?

So I found an article that he left Anaheim for Buffalo but it doesn’t give his current position. Sigh. Neither did the first 3 results in a search of his name.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

So I found an article that he left Anaheim for Buffalo but it doesn’t give his current position. Sigh. Neither did the first 3 results in a search of his name.  

Wilford is the Sabres assistant coach in charge of the defence. Basically Steve Smith’s replacement.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That was a great listen.

Explaining why there where no trades other than Hagg. We had so few picks available his first year he wanted to change that and set out to acquire picks. Last year and this year we have/had a lot of draft picks and the need for more picks weighted against the locker room chemistry, the entire staff went with the locker room. He once again explained his version of locker room chemistry and what it takes to win.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice listen. I was hoping they’d ask him what he thought about Eichel’s comments on the Chris Weidman podcast when Eichel claimed that the Sabres’ doctors originally agreed with the ADR and then reneged. Then again, I doubt KA would have any comment on that as the Sabres were pretty tight lipped while Eichel and his original agent chose to air their grievances in public. Personally, I think Eichel is completely full of crap in his assertion that the Sabres medical staff was ever onboard with the ADR procedure.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nice listen. I was hoping they’d ask him what he thought about Eichel’s comments on the Chris Weidman podcast when Eichel claimed that the Sabres’ doctors originally agreed with the ADR and then reneged. Then again, I doubt KA would have any comment on that as the Sabres were pretty tight lipped while Eichel and his original agent chose to air their grievances in public. Personally, I think Eichel is completely full of crap in his assertion that the Sabres medical staff was ever onboard with the ADR procedure.

Agree...my feelings for GMKA have changed since he was first announced.  He may have lacked front office GM experience, but I do have a much greater appreciation for what he has done to redefine and change the team culture.  In this case, maybe that is more important than the actual GM resume.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Agree...my feelings for GMKA have changed since he was first announced.  He may have lacked front office GM experience, but I do have a much greater appreciation for what he has done to redefine and change the team culture.  In this case, maybe that is more important than the actual GM resume.

We see the change that has been creeping in. It has been moving at a slow pace but now seems like full steam ahead. The light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train.

It will become easier to attract talent that “wants to be here” once the team is good, which leads to a full barn and so on. I know I am being Captain Obvious here but KA has to be given credit for his vision and patience. Now, just find some goaltending help and at least one vet RHD.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Agreed. And nobody has GM experience until they have GM experience. I think that can only come with time. But KA has a ton of hockey experience and that counts for something. Like knowing what a good coach looks like and what’s important in the locker room for instance.

22 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

KA mentions players they have interest in are under contract.  Also remember him saying around TDL they have some ideas in motion for players and teams but the players were still helping current team in playoff run.  

Any thoughts on who they may be looking at?

That leaves the entire team of Vegas out of the mix. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

KA mentions players they have interest in are under contract.  Also remember him saying around TDL they have some ideas in motion for players and teams but the players were still helping current team in playoff run.  

Any thoughts on who they may be looking at?

Dumba, Cernak, Jensen, Gudas

Kuemper, Husso 

McDavid, Matthews😛

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.