The After The Whistle thread: ep.81 Elliotte Friedman "Power Hour"

PromoTheRobot

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-82-debut-day-with-rick-vaive/id1590573108?i=1000557373735

Ep.82 today, go to the 18:50 mark. Petey mentions my tweet about filling a class action lawsuit for calling Ep.81 "Power Hour" and barely mentioning him in the last ten minutes of the show. 😂

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I listened to Rivet on Spittin Chicklets with Bissonette.  

First of all Bissonette is a foul person and his partner from New England is not listenable either.  His comments on Buffalo were absolutely terrible.  Childish banter.  Jerry Springer like.   That was not entertaining.  I had to lower the volume and turn it off with Mrs Punch coming in and out of the room.  

I forwarded it to Rivet’s portion.  He was going to cover Eichel, the current Sabres, and his career. Rivet really softened his comments on Eichel from what he said on his own show.  They talked about the Sabres and Bissonette cooled down and let Rivet talk.  Rivet basically said the team is progressing under Adams and the Pegula’s need to back away more.  I dropped off after a few minutes of Rivet’s career. 

All and all an unpleasant experience.  Not gonna listen to Bissonette again.  

I did research Bissonette.  Overall a bum of a player.  He “played” or should I say “dressed” for 200 games over 6 seasons. Scored 7 goals and he had a few fights.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

First of all Bissonette is a foul person and his partner from New England is not listenable either.  His comments on Buffalo were absolutely terrible.  Childish banter.  Jerry Springer like.   That was not entertaining.  I hard to lower the volume and turn it off with Mrs Punch coming in and out of the room.  

I forwarded it to Rivet’s portion.  He was going to cover Eichel, the current Sabres, and his career. Rivet really softened his comments on Eichel from what he said on his own show.  They talked about the Sabres and Bissonette cooled down and let Rivet talk.  Rivet basically said the team is progressing under Adams and the Pegula’s need to back away more.  I dropped off after a few minutes of Rivet’s career. 

I did research Bissonette.  Overall a bum of a player.  He “played” or should I say “dressed” for 200 games of 6 seasons. Scored 7 goals and he had a few fights.  

"Biz" is a complete jackass!  I cannot stand his Pro-Leaf's attitude and he's the worse television personality (TNT network) I have ever seen on any NHL related broadcast.  I'd rather listen to Roenick, Milbury, or even Chris Collingsworth (NFL) vs. Bissonnette.   How is it that he is even on TV after a rather insignificant NHL career.  I know some others are not great to see or listen to (ex. Gretzky), but at least they earned a right to be there based on their careers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

First of all Bissonette is a foul person and his partner from New England is not listenable either.  His comments on Buffalo were absolutely terrible.  Childish banter.  Jerry Springer like.   That was not entertaining.  I had to lower the volume and turn it off with Mrs Punch coming in and out of the room.  

I did research Bissonette.  Overall a bum of a player.  He “played” or should I say “dressed” for 200 games over 6 seasons. Scored 7 goals and he had a few fights.  

I don't respect anyone who changes their takes depending on who they are taking to. If you said Eichel is a POS on your podcast, don't tone it down on someone else's.

I also don't get the Pegula back off more comment. How involved are they now? Is the team trendng in the right direction? Then what's your point? Or is he tossing Bizzy a bone?

I listen to these shows to gain insight. If you're takes keep changing, how am I supposed to believe what you're saying?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Well all these guys just spew stuff for controversy and for ratings so you can't take any of it too seriously. It's really no different than people here or on twitter or wherever. They just have (sometimes suspect) "credentials". 

Always have believed giving Eichel the C when they did played a big role in the continued demise of this club. Still waiting for someone one day to confirm the other half of my theory as true, and that's how much that move pissed off ROR. 

Bisonette is no worse than Ray imo. Just another ex hockey jock yapping his gums for a pay cheque. 

As for their "opinions" changing, not surprised, they always want to be perceived as right or knowledgeable so they go with the tides or the moments. 

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't respect anyone who changes their takes depending on who they are taking to. If you said Eichel is a POS on your podcast, don't tone it down on someone else's.

I also don't get the Pegula back off more comment. How involved are they now? Is the team trendng in the right direction? Then what's your point? Or is he tossing Bizzy a bone?

I listen to these shows to gain insight. If you're takes keep changing, how am I supposed to believe what you're saying?

Did Rivet actually express a different opinion of Eichel, or did he just decide to use less harsh words?  Seriously asking. I’m not going to listen.

Just because you called someone a POS one day, doesn’t mean that you must call them a POS, in those exact words, every time you mention them from then on.  That would be a ridiculous expectation.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Curt said:

Did Rivet actually express a different opinion of Eichel, or did he just decide to use less harsh words?  Seriously asking. I’m not going to listen.

Just because you called someone a POS one day, doesn’t mean that you must call them a POS, in those exact words, every time you mention them from then on.  That would be a ridiculous expectation.

I could see that. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well all these guys just spew stuff for controversy and for ratings so you can't take any of it too seriously. It's really no different than people here or on twitter or wherever. They just have (sometimes suspect) "credentials". 

Always have believed giving Eichel the C when they did played a big role in the continued demise of this club. Still waiting for someone one day to confirm the other half of my theory as true, and that's how much that move pissed off ROR. 

Bisonette is no worse than Ray imo. Just another ex hockey jock yapping his gums for a pay cheque. 

As for their "opinions" changing, not surprised, they always want to be perceived as right or knowledgeable so they go with the tides or the moments. 

Very odd take.  I don’t think you are following the thread.  

Ray is  a hockey TV color guy supporting the play-by-play for the Sabres broadcast. He works for the Sabres, and is not an independent media personality.  

Bissonette had a Pod Cast show and does his own thing, like Rivet and Peters.  They are not tied to a hockey team or media outlet.  

Promo and I were talking about Rivet’s opinion softening in reference to Eichel when he was on Bissonette’s show. 

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.