Lol.....what a dick

Claude Balls

1 hour ago, inkman said:

This thread confirms what I’ve always known.  I don’t like most people. 

But you like SOME people, and I feel honored to be one of them.

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wrong. 

Literally wrong? Yes. I'm sure it was louder when Skinner won that 10th game in a row in OT. But clearly Jack has had that comment squirreled away for a long time. He's bitter that the crowd in Buffalo is so lame. He's not wrong. It's not (necessarily) an insult. Passively sitting and watching is in the DNA. ("Traditional and knowledgeable.") So is the negativity.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was the perfect storm.

For two days the talk is all about him, our players praise him.

Covid restrictions are lifted. Cheap seats.

Judas returns.

The game starts and the crowd within a few minutes realizes that our team is playing energized. It's not just any other game. They begin to feed off each other. 

Big goal, bad calls, fights! The crowd is becoming more frenzied, he is becoming more frustrated.

The story book ending lead to an ovation , stick clapping and a well done tribute.

Then the Jack we all know goes in front of a microphone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What’s empathy got to do with it? Eichel can pound sand. He ain’t a Sabre anymore. I just dont care about his comments after the game. At all.

This is bread and circuses until we actually do GAF about the season and playoffs. I’m sick of watching garbage.

I thought it was a really fun, great game to watch, but because it just was. None of it had to do with Eichel.

Dude. The entire game had to do with him. The game was inseparable from his return.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Really?  The place has been a morgue for years

Then you could argue context is missing and the comment is finger-pointing to save face at best. "It only took 7 years and me leaving" is actually "I didn't win any games that were significant enough for people to cheer loudly for us." That doesn't mean it was a good comment, it's merely sad if true. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

Dude. The entire game had to do with him. The game was inseparable from his return.

Espn sent a reporter to do a story on Eichel coming back to Buffalo. The announcers hyped it all game. The game was about him coming back, poor Anderson got buried in the hoopla

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Then you could argue context is missing and the comment is finger-pointing to save face at best. "It only took 7 years and me leaving" is actually "I didn't win any games that were significant enough for people to cheer loudly for us." That doesn't mean it was a good comment, it's merely sad if true. 

It isn't true.  It's hyperbole.  That crowd went crazy over the Kane Hail Mary, for example, and I'm sure Eichel remembers it.  He just was frustrated last night.

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Yet all these folk are up in arms that its always all about Jack, with Jack.

He was right, it took him leaving for all them to get fired up about something.

I didn’t give one lick about Eichel last night. It was a good game because it was a good game.

I just find all the faux outrage hilarious. They got exactly what they wanted from his comments.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yet all these folk are up in arms that its always all about Jack, with Jack.

He was right, it took him leaving for all them to get fired up about something.

I didn’t give one lick about Eichel last night. It was a good game because it was a good game.

I just find all the faux outrage hilarious. They got exactly what they wanted from his comments.

The game was played under a certain set of circuit circumstances. It wasn’t played in a vacuum.

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres bent over backward for the guy. We all have heard the rumors about him and Dan Bylsma as well as how he treated other players (both veterans and players he did not think were in the "cool club").

Before he had the injury, he wanted out and then his PR team (and others) pushed the narrative that the team should take all of the risk (a $50 million risk) on a surgery that was not insured for a player who wanted to be traded in any event.

The Sabres ended up accommodating him by trading him to a team that not only was a Cup contender but also willing to allow him his surgery.

For some reason, there were those that complained that the Sabres should have traded him sooner for the bag of pucks that they were being offered.

I am glad the Sabres waited to get a reasonable return . . . and it was poetic justice that Krebs and Tuch scored (players who want to be part of the solution) and that it was Eichel who got his pocket picked for the last goal.

In my opinion, his unscripted comments after the game gave everyone a glimpse of what he is like behind the scenes when the cameras are not rolling. He should be happy. He got what he asked for.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t believe for a second that you don’t care. People that don’t care simply don’t respond to so many posts in a thread. 

Im bored. I still cant drive and am filling time.

ftr, i believe Jack is, in fact, most likely, a dick.

I also stand by every statement i’ve made in this thread. I enjoyed his comment. Thought it was funny.

The whole “like a grownup” comment from you made me laugh, as well, considering he isn’t, unlike most of the people booing him and mad today.

I really can’t wait for the day until we care more about the players on our own team.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Until that one hit, that one crash into the boards... I wouldn't want to see it, but I do not trust the surgery he elected to have and continue playing.. I would of cringed every time he played if he did stay a Sabre. Now its all in Eichel and Vegas hands.... 

are you a surgeon? 

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree that Jack can be a very spoiled brat and I’m not sorry he’s gone.  I’m thrilled with the play and emotion Tuch and Krebs bring each night.  Tuch especially hates to lose and it’s evident each game but unlike Jack he doesn’t sulk.

However, I didn’t take his comments so negatively.  I thought it was an emotional lament from a guy who played hard here and never succeeded.  He never was fully embraced by the fans or his teammates (thanks ROR and Kane).  I think for a guy who has succeeded at ever level of hockey he played at and then failing here weighs on him terribly.  I truly believe he wanted to succeed in Buffalo and the organization really never gave him a legit opportunity to succeed.

Sadly Jack’s failures here belong to one person and that is Terry Pegula.  He and his incompetent organization dropped this kid in the deep end with weights tied to his legs.  I believe that if management had done a proper rebuild around Jack and Sam, we would be a playoff team today.  That would have meant bringing in good role models like KO and Pominville and not ROR, Kane, Bogo and Lehner.  

The Sabres today are a unified lockerroom pulling in the same direction as Anderson said tonight post game.  In Jack’s era it was a fractured locker room lead by a-holes.  Sadly Jack took his cues from the wrong vets.

I'm trying hard not to laugh at this whole thing because these are your opinions and just because they differ from mine I won't do that but I will argue the bolded parts.

This is false, totally false at least on the "fans never embraced him". Again...I went to the blue & gold Sabres scrimmage game and the house was packed, there were Eichel jerseys literally everywhere, check jersey sales for him in the first 3 years. I have no clue if his teammates embraced him but you don't know that either and there is no way to know that.

How can anyone think we gave him no chance to succeed here? How? We added O'reilly, Craig Rivet, Kane, Moulson, Okposo, Skinner, Gionta, Bogosian, Taylor Hall, Lehner, Reinhart, Staal and brought back Pominville. Tell me how those additions shouldn't have helped Jack Eichel, I want a legitimate answer other than Kane was toxic.

What a giant excuse blaming Terry Pegula for Jack Eichel's failures.... He had Matt Moulson, Craig Rivet and Brian freaking Gionta as role models, if Jack Eichel wanted to rather hang with Kane and his insane thinking you blame Pegula for that? How was Ryan O'Reilly a bad role model? The dude leaves here and helps the Blues win a cup. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He was being petty. Which is a bad look. Plenty of games people went nuts for him when he played here. He knows that. It was clearly a bruise to his ego. He’s not a leader. He’s nowhere near Austin Mathews or McDavid. That was the final chapter last night. Hopefully Tuch n Krebs performance was an omen we have turned the page. 

Statistically he's probably closer to Zibanejad than Matthews or Mcdavid.  He's Fringe top 10 to me

McDavid Draisaitl Matthews Crosby Mackinnon Barkov Point

Then you have Zibanejad, Lindholm, Aho, Kopitar, O'reilly, Duchene, Bergeron, Guentzel, Kadri, Hughes, TAGE! lol

He's in that 2nd tier to me.  His stats will get a boost playing with Stone next year 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sadly Jack’s failures here belong to one person and that is Jack Eichel.

Fixed it for ya.

In seven years as a professional athlete he's not matured or attempted to be a better person or leader in the locker room. This is all about quality of character, not about what the organization did or didn't do.  The real Jack was on full display for everyone to see, the selfish petulant child who didn't get his way.

31 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I just did my own research and determined that its appears to be a risky repair for a person who chooses to resume a high impact sport. 

I'm willing to bet you are not a surgeon either. 

Nope but had similar surgery in lower spine

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.