GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - Monday, March 7, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

55 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Panthers are apparently really, really good - but not in the dull way that the Kings are good.

Let's go, Buffalo!

I’ve watched a few of their games and they are good. They have multiple lines that can score, a mobile D core and Bobrovsky has found his game.

The Sabres need to bring their A game if they want a piece of the 🐈.

Lets go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Last offseason, Florida made a trade to acquired Sam Bennett and a sixth round pick for a prospect and a second round pick. He has scored 24 goals so far this season. Florida also acquired Sam Reinhart for a first round pick (very low in the round) and a goalie prospect (Levi). Reinhart is averaging a point a game. Many people are satisfied that the Sabres are getting better. But they fail to include the context that so are other teams, including the top tier teams. 

In the two cases that I cited Florida acquired contributing players that for different reasons needed to be moved. They ended up getting two good players at bargain prices. There is no reason why with our favorable cap and draft assets this offseason the Sabres can't take advantage of the market as Florida did last offseason. 

The relevant issue isn't are you getting better. It is are you getting better relative to the competition. This offseason we will see how serious this franchise is in making this team a serious team. 

Discussed in Multiple other threads. In fact this is your go to post more or less.  We get it, you want to trade Levi and a 1st for a player like Reinhart while totally ignoring where Florida was as a team and where Buffalo is. 

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think we're in agreement on most of it.  

Yes, Eichel was kind of captain for a little while?  Peca was the captain of a team that reached the semifinals twice and the finals once.  And of course, he wasn't the primary contributor, but there is at least *something* there.  Time has passed, too.

But I totally agree that these tributes should be very few and far between.  That was kind of my initial point and the reason for the comparison to Marshawn Lynch.

Peca was Captain and I think he was one of the primary contributors to team that made Cup semi's twice and finals once.  He was a Selke winner after all.  He remains in the WNY community, coached and GM'ed the Jr Sabres, and now coaches in Rochester so his attachment to the community runs deep.  

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I expect Florida to win as we'll be tired and they can roll 4 lines. I'll bet Eakin ends today -2 

Reinhart hat trick.

Not so sure about the hat trick but I doubt we beat these guys on the second of a b2b.  We will be tired.  

Not sure on Tuch.  We need Anderson to be spectacular today to have any chance.  

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

What time do the players usually head out on the ice to warmup before the game?  My son and I have front row seats (first time ever) and want to get their early to check it out.  

The NHL warmup starts approximately 30 minutes before the start of the game. So if the game starts at 7:00 then the warmup will start at 6:29. The warm up will last 16 minutes, and both teams will be on the ice at their respective ends at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

So WGR last week raised the question of whether there should be tributes to Sam and Jack during these next two games.  I'm going with "no."  The Bills didn't have a tribute for Marshawn Lynch (and may not have had the chance to), right?  The Sabres drafted these guys, and I've got nothing against them, but they weren't here long enough and weren't impactful enough to warrant special treatment.

I agree on no tribute videos.  I don't like them at all in almost any circumstance.  maybe, MAYBE if it was a Ryan Miller situation, or Ray Borque with Boston years ago (basically, you have to had devoted your life to the home team, played for at least 6-7 years but hopefully even more, and had memorable moments that actually contributed to team success, as well as being beloved in the community).  Anything other than that, no tribute videos.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Discussed in Multiple other threads. In fact this is your go to post more or less.  We get it, you want to trade Levi and a 1st for a player like Reinhart while totally ignoring where Florida was as a team and where Buffalo is. 

The conclusion you draw from my comment is totally wrong. The point that was made is that teams can make moves to improve and do it in a responsible manner. That's the point!

4 hours ago, jsb said:

FIFY, take your crying towel to the appropriate thread and do it there. Stay on point on this one if not for me for the Ghost of Doohickie. He deserves better. He got up early in the morning to start this thread, the least you can do is wait for the 2nd page to change the subject!!!

My comment related to a former player and team/organization that we are playing tonight.  So it is relevant to this thread. Your takeaway that I'm being disrespectful to the person who started the thread is off the wall and nonsensical.  

The Ghost of Doohickie is a very active and one of the better posters here. He doesn't need you to speak for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The conclusion you draw from my comment is totally wrong. The point that was made is that teams can make moves to improve and do it in a responsible manner. That's the point!

You actually fail to get my point, I don't think it's responsible to trade what it costs for a Reinhart at this stage of the rebuild. 

Now if something pops free this summer for a 2nd or similar price, sure. No problem at that price point. 

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

The NHL warmup starts approximately 30 minutes before the start of the game. So if the game starts at 7:00 then the warmup will start at 6:29. The warm up will last 16 minutes, and both teams will be on the ice at their respective ends at the same time.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.