Kim Pegula, One Buffalo

LGR4GM

29 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Not sure what you're saying. It just sounds to me like she's into the numbers/data pretty good, and has concluded that, from a money standpoint, the two entities do not actually cross over that much. As someone who is frequently at the stadium and arena, that is consistent with my sense of things.

More importantly, who GAF?! I dont care about any of this. Just get my favorite hockey team to not *****in suck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

She’s getting torched on Twitter (surprise!) but I feel like her comments line up more less with the discussion from this place from the other day. Whoever said the Venn diagram where the Sabres circle is mostly enclosed but the Bills circle is much larger, I think that’s probably accurate. So saying “most” aren’t overlapping would I guess be accurate 

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kim, that’s a statement worthy of Kamala Harris.  

Of course there is crossover.  Sadly it’s hard to cross reference between season tickets bases when you killed the Sabres base.  

Keep the politics off the board please.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't agree. There's more than just season ticket holders and the Sabres only sold 1/4 of their tickets. 

How's she measuring that 10%? I'm guessing she took the 60k Bills seasons and then crossed it over with the maybe 7k Sabres. Or is she really telling me only 1k Sabres seasons ticket holders also have Bills tickets?

Yeah, it’s not clear whether it’s 10% of Sabres STHs are also Bills STHs or vice versa.  Does it really matter though how it was calculated?

The part about this that was weird was if she meant that there aren’t many crossover fans between the Sabres/Bills.  But is she specifically meant customers/STHs they it makes a lot of sense.  Regardless of how the 10% figure was calculated.

Its not really a story.

When given the proper context, her quote makes sense.  If what she is saying in the quote is true, then one of the following is the case:  (a) only 10% of Bills season ticket holders are also Sabres season ticket holders, (b) only 10% of Sabres season ticket holders are Bills season ticket holders, or (c) if you combined the two groups into a single group, only 10% of that entity has season tickets for both franchises.  It's least likely (a) and most likely (c).  Regardless of how you do the calculation, the actual number of people who have season tickest to both teams is the same.

I was never very good with math.

In terms of interest or "fandom," the percentage is certainly MUCH higher.  I think it would be in the 75% range.  I'm both a huge Bills fan and Sabres fan (although I live out of market and have season tickets to neither team), and just about all of the Buffalo people I know, either living in the area or ex-pats, are fans of both teams.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

When given the proper context, her quote makes sense.  If what she is saying in the quote is true, then one of the following is the case:  (a) only 10% of Bills season ticket holders are also Sabres season ticket holders, (b) only 10% of Sabres season ticket holders are Bills season ticket holders, or (c) if you combined the two groups into a single group, only 10% of that entity has season tickets for both franchises.  It's least likely (a) and most likely (c).  Regardless of how you do the calculation, the actual number of people who have season tickest to both teams is the same.

In terms of interest or "fandom," the percentage is certainly MUCH higher.  I think it would be in the 75% range.  I'm both a huge Bills fan and Sabres fan (although I live out of market and have season tickets to neither team), and just about all of the Buffalo people I know, either living in the area or ex-pats, are fans of both teams.

Bingo.

13 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

All depends on what they are taking 10% from. 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kim, that’s a statement worthy of Kamala Harris.  

Of course there is crossover.  Sadly it’s hard to cross reference between season tickets bases when you killed the Sabres base.  

Apparently you only read the opening post and replied before you got the context.

Its an accurate statement in context.  And keep the political pot shots out of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Leave it to rich people to use datapoints about season ticket holders to base assumptions about viewership.  There’s a ton of overlap of fans, they just typically spend more money on one or the other. 

just cause her failed overpriced onebuffalo brand failed isn’t because the fanbases don’t overlap. They just didn’t like the overpriced crap when there’s plenty of 26shirts etc to go around already for the fun stuff