Kim Pegula, One Buffalo

LGR4GM

Just now, dudacek said:

Relative to what? The number of people who "cheer for" both teams has to have significant overlap.

Wonder if she's talking about season ticket holders.

Posting the Tweet like that without context is designed to generate clicks.

She may be right, when it comes to live attendance (not just STHs, either).  I've probably been to 10 Bills games in my life.  Maybe even fewer.  I like watching them on TV, though.  I've also never bought any Bills "stuff" like shirts or hats or whatever for myself.

Edited by Eleven

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

"Kim Pegula told me that “we maybe have 10% that are fans of both teams.” I asked her if she meant among season tickets holders, and she confirmed."

Yep, that makes sense and I'd be surprised if it's far off (other than corporate buyers).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

Umm There is one Bills Game a Week and three to four Sabres Games and they usually overlap two maybe three times a year. 

Yeah, but people still only have so much time and so many dollars.

Here's another example:  I post on TBD about twice a year.  You people wish I posted here only that often.

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Eleven said:

She may be right, when it comes to live attendance (not just STHs, either).  I've probably been to 10 Bills games in my life.  Maybe even fewer.  I like watching them on TV, though.  I've also never bought any Bills "stuff" like shirts or hats or whatever for myself.

Yea same here.

I’ve been to that stadium three times. Once was a concert. Once was a Bills game (during Jim Kelly era). Once was for the Winter Classic. I own no Bills gear. Not one. Yet, I’ve been a Sabres STH since 2004. 

Is there a lot of crossover interest in both teams? Absolutely!

is there a lot of crossover buying Season tickets for both teams. I would imagine not many at all. It’s probably under 2,000 accounts have both season tickets. 

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

So it went from a scandal to a nothing-burger.

I don't agree. There's more than just season ticket holders and the Sabres only sold 1/4 of their tickets. 

How's she measuring that 10%? I'm guessing she took the 60k Bills seasons and then crossed it over with the maybe 7k Sabres. Or is she really telling me only 1k Sabres seasons ticket holders also have Bills tickets?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't agree. There's more than just season ticket holders and the Sabres only sold 1/4 of their tickets. 

How's she measuring that 10%? I'm guessing she took the 60k Bills seasons and then crossed it over with the maybe 7k Sabres. Or is she really telling me only 1k Sabres seasons ticket holders also have Bills tickets?

Not sure what you're saying. It just sounds to me like she's into the numbers/data pretty good, and has concluded that, from a money standpoint, the two entities do not actually cross over that much. As someone who is frequently at the stadium and arena, that is consistent with my sense of things.