GDT : Wild at Sabres 7:00 March 4, 2022

spndnchz

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He was getting physical last year.  I think the style of his linemates tends to bring it out of him more.

Agree on Granato and line combinations.  He kept lines together for a long time early on but when injuries happened he started tinkering and I think he's really developing some line chemistry.

Once Don became coach last year you saw Mitts start being a bit more assertive. He has a little of Jeff Skinner's type of fire in him.

Cozens is more a "cool" aggressor; he won't do a ton of yelling but he speaks with might behind every word.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I'm going to disagree with you.

Hayden on at least three shifts had possession of the puck in the O-zone when the next line came on. Twice it was the Thompson line and once it was the Mitt's line. Giving your top Offensive lines possession in the o zone on a line change may not be on any stat sheets but it's a big deal, and he did it on shear will.

To be honest I think Hayden has hands of stone but is pretty good at breaking up opponents' rushes and getting into the zone.  Bjork has better tools but just doesn't use what he's got.  Hayden has little talent but good hockey sense.  Bjork is more talented but dumb as a brick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

To be honest I think Hayden has hands of stone but is pretty good at breaking up opponents' rushes and getting into the zone.  Bjork has better tools but just doesn't use what he's got.  Hayden has little talent but good hockey sense.  Bjork is more talented but dumb as a brick.

God, I just figured out Hayden.... he's Matt Ellis with less skill but more physicality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm drunk and I'm buying a skinner jersey 😛

Actually... my previous post was more in response to this post.

Edit: This post goes here:

I have a Dominic Zombo Toledo Walleye "Don Cherry Night" jersey for exactly this reason.

Edited by DarthEbriate

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Honestly I loved the post-horn retaliatory slash by Dahlin on Spurgeon. 

It was one of those, “don’t eff with me, punk” moments. 

He has worn his big boy pants as the year has gone on. He’s embraced contact and played more physical. His mix of physicality and skill is in a good place right now.   

Nasty/chippy Dahlin is a force.

• Like (+1) 1

WOW!

Had to go pick up a kid from work and some dinner and well well.. what do you know?

What a ***** finish!!!!

Minnesota might have run out of steam but what a win for the boys!!!! .

Skinner

Mitts with the puck possession in a phone booth

Krebs solid on the defensive end leading to GWENG

Hahaha and Minnesota is now crybaby cry

Good *****!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Especially since Girgs is a boat anchor and has no business on a winning team.

I don't know. I'd bet Girgensons would look great as 4W on Tampa, especially since he does have the versatility to play center in a pinch. Sure, he's miscast as the LW with Eichel-Reinhart on a top line, but as a role player who kills penalties and is very often in the right spot, he's not a bad trade deadline pickup. And it wouldn't cost too much to acquire him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Re-watching my dinnertime: Shaw should never have gone for a fight after a raised elbow from Fitz. Terrible undisciplined penalty to take with a 1-goal lead. Then Fitz took him down and the Sabres were all over the Wild from that point forward.

I was thinking that too.

Some will say there is no place for that in today's game. 

Others will say it was the spark they needed to get that win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Dahlin is going full flow. It's not 

What a save! Krebs did the hand lift. Couldn't ask for a better 2-on-1 combo than Krebs with the puck to Olofsson... and then back. Great save.

... it's not business in front like Eakin.

I hope he grows it to his ass like Chris Simon 

6F906320-AF5D-451D-81E7-558CAEF02EC9.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

don't know. I'd bet Girgensons would look great as 4W on Tampa

He's got hands of stone. I do love his work ethic though, but he just can not finish or create for the life of him.

He's still better than a Eakin-Hayden-Bjork, but we need his hard work with either more set up or more finish if we truly want to be good.

That was a taste of what could have been this year.

By that, I mean that was the first time all season we had Tuch playing along with what appeared to be the pre-injury-level versions of Olofsson and Mittelstadt.

It sure made a difference in the forward line rotation, and Donnie’s long-preached ability to be able to outscore our mistakes.

More please.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow. I could get behind this team with a little more consistency and more jam. Love seeing the boys stand up for their brothers. That was a fun game to watch. Happy for the fans that were at the game. String a few more wins like that together and the fans will come back.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Girgs is better than anyone on that  4th line by far.  He would be helpful to have.  

You're right that he's better than those 3, and would be helpful now if they'd turf one of them to put him in. 

I just think we should look for better if we want to be a cup contending team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.