GDT : Wild at Sabres 7:00 March 4, 2022

spndnchz

Just now, Pimlach said:

The Wild DID NOT like losing to Buffalo.  

Sabres did not back down.  Come from behind win. Nice. 

Nor should they. We're still 2 easy points for any team out there.

Or so their overconfidence will tell them.

Great comeback. The lead going into the 3rd is something that really needs working on. Good teams are like 20-2-2 going into the 3rd with a lead. The Sabres are like 12-10 this year leading after two. With 8 more wins? We'd be saying the Sabres are on their way.

• Like (+1) 1

What a great team win!

Some takes from the game:

Man I have to start mentioning more players who havent been playing well. Mittlestadt played lights out tonight, best game I've seen him play as a Buffalo Sabre. 

Dylan Cozens is turning into my favorite player, he didn't score but got robbed by the goalie, Tch, Cozens, Samuelsson and Fitzgerald are really bringing the boom to this team and I'm loving every second of it, I NEED MORE!

How can anyone not love the resurgence of Jeff Skinner? He's on fire and his passion is contagious.

Tell me that the Casey Fitzgerald fight didn't hype everyone up? I'll argue until I'm blue in the face that it sparked the comeback.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Dylan Cozens is turning into my favorite player, he didn't score but got robbed by the goalie, Tch, Cozens, Samuelsson and Fitzgerald are really bringing the boom to this team and I'm loving every second of it

In the Venn Diagram of the Sabres core, there are a lot of players that Bring the Boom.  I think that's going to be a key part of the team's identity.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Trade him for a pick in 2023! 

As an RFA who should get a good paycheck but probably won't break the bank...  If you get a 1st? maybe. Plus, his salary is going to be necessary for the floor after Boychuk's contract expires. But I think a third line next season of Asplund-Krebs-Olofsson, with all three on special teams, isn't necessary a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Don’t you PUT that evil on me, Ricky Bobby! 

The good Stafford. The one who was the first at Neil after his hit on Drury, and who was occasionally capable of a hat trick. But... more consistent than Stafford. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Who are the others?

Well, the list you posted... that was kind of the point.  And then Tuch and Tage are simply huge and are pretty good at using that size.  And Bryson tends to hit above his weight class.

That Mitts shift with 2:30 to go where he braced for the Spurgeon hit and sent him sprawling...  then stuck with the puck, then absorbed a retalitory charge from Kaprizov, then another crosscheck attempt from Spurgeon.... That was beautiful. That's the Mitts we love and need. Totally wish he'd have buried the empty-net chance he had. If Mitts and VO get back to what they can be, this is a legit up-and-coming team next season.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Well, the list you posted... that was kind of the point.  And then Tuch and Tage are simply huge and are pretty good at using that size.  And Bryson tends to hit above his weight class.

I get what you mean now, my bad. yeah I really hope this continues!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Mitts and VO starting to get back to normal has given them 3 lines that can contribute some offence.

I've been saying all along that Mitts has been improving and playing well, just needs to find his timing.  Well the timing is getting better and he's starting to really bring the jam.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.