2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It would be interesting to see the timeline of how this unfolded from the Bills standpoint. They may have been gaslit by Araiza and his lawyer and convinced the whole thing was fabricated. The victim admitted she was barely coherent through much of what happened.

The fact that no charges came after almost a year would lend credence to the "fabricated event" theory. But when the civil lawsuit dropped it became clear that even if the allegations were just a little bit true, Araiza had to go.

It would also be interesting to find out who in the organization knew what and when. Apparently not everyone was aware of the situation to the same degree. (This may have been why Haack was released.)

All this might make the Bills actions justifiable within the organization, but they'll never be able to convince the court of public opinion that they acted wisely in the matter. I expect them to cut bait and move on and never bring it up again.

Yeah, he's gone... And in the 24 hour news cycle this will simply be a passing cloud on the team. 

I get it from a competitive standpoint, if the team isn't focused, that's a huge problem. 

But I also don't think there's enough info (at least publicly) that should cost the kid his career at this point. Now behind the scenes, maybe there is a Sh*tstorm brewing and this was absolutley necessary. 

I think by the end of the year, we should have a pretty clear picture of things. 

The victim’s lawyer’s statement is weird. The girl went through a traumatic event and they close the statement by saying all they wanted was an apology and a donation to some victim’s advocate? Not to mention, given the typos, it almost appears that the last sentence was copied and pasted.

Araiza is probably a scumbag but there are a lot of unanswered questions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

JC. That’s just a picture. If you find that hunky then you should quietly question yourself.

He’s been around a month. Sorry they couldn’t get a photo of him looking like an ogre (lower case, no relation).

The kid is an asshat and will be kicking a can down the road until he is incarcerated, no need for the Pegulas to follow him and help him kick it.

They did nothing wrong.

The ability of a heterosexual guy to say that another guy looks hunky (handsome, etc. - choose your word) in a photo is no cause for self reflection. The inability to do so, OTOH … .

As my Gen Z son pointed out: They used the exact same content to announce it on Instagram, so, if they broadcast the exact same post across multiple social media platforms, then they needed to use a photo (for Instagram). So, an interest in doing it quickly probably resulted in the use of a photo on platforms where it wasn’t at all necessary.

Even so. They should have used his normie team head shot.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa3094b5688602ee1dbde37ef61de431.jpeg

59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Even so. They should have used his normie team head shot.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa3094b5688602ee1dbde37ef61de431.jpeg

I don't know, the more pensive-looking photo that they used may have been a better choice than a smiling one.

The Bills made the right choice cutting him, even if the timing and the handling of it weren't the best (from appearances, anyway.)

It would have been fun to watch him kick, but as a novelty, as much as anything.  If he's exonerated, he'll get another shot with someone.  It would just have cost him a potential magical run with the 2022 Bills.  If not, then he'll deserve whatever he gets for being involved with something so heinous.  As with any case, I hope the truth prevails and justice is served.

Back to football ... anyone heard who they have brought in (or are bringing in) to try out for the open punter spot?

Edited by carpandean

5 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I don't know, the more pensive-looking photo that they used may have been a better choice than a smiling one.

My son just said the same thing. Not unfair. I still don’t like the hunky heartthrob quality of the pic.

To your question: There was a report last night that punter visits are being scheduled. I’ll repost spotrac’s listing of FA punters.

image.thumb.png.8fa0684d4810877fe763d4715b71fe4c.png

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

The victim’s lawyer’s statement is weird. The girl went through a traumatic event and they close the statement by saying all they wanted was an apology and a donation to some victim’s advocate? Not to mention, given the typos, it almost appears that the last sentence was copied and pasted.

Why probably?

They wanted him to talk. He seemed reluctant. The pressure has now been turned up on him 1000% 

The police, the DA, the University and this punter are all now under the microscope. The lawsuit has accomplished a lot so far, imo 

• Like (+1) 1

This turd is trying to milk his own client for his own 15 minutes of fame. Absolute scum of the earth. You just know he was trying to come up with any angle he could to go after the bills and get his hands on some nfl money. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, shrader said:

This turd is trying to milk his own client for his own 15 minutes of fame. Absolute scum of the earth. You just know he was trying to come up with any angle he could to go after the bills and get his hands on some nfl money. 

Yep, and I’ll bet he realizes he overplayed his hand. Getting Araiza cut destroyed his payday.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He told a 17yr old girl he just slept with to get tested for chlamydia. 

Or you don't think the probably should be included? Unclear to me.

I only said probably because of the slim chance he was set up and that stuff fabricated. If the tape of that phone call was authenticated and I missed it, I would eliminate the “probably.”

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or he is a strong and dedicated advocate for his client. If someone had committed a horrible crime against me, or knew something more than he was telling about the crime, I'd sure as heck try and shine as much light on the situation as possible 

10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Or he is a strong and dedicated advocate for his client. If someone had committed a horrible crime against me, or knew something more than he was telling about the crime, I'd sure as heck try and shine as much light on the situation as possible 

Have you read the statement and his Twitter posts? Dude’s an attention *****. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Serious question:  assuming Araiza didn’t force her to do anything (which appears to have been the case), what if she told Araiza she was 19?  What if she showed him a fake ID?

I doubt we’ll ever know, but I would like to know what the Bills concluded that he did specifically.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  assuming Araiza didn’t force her to do anything (which appears to have been the case), what if she told Araiza she was 19?  What if she showed him a fake ID?

I doubt we’ll ever know, but I would like to know what the Bills concluded that he did specifically.  

A more interesting question is did they find anything different out about his personal actions after Thursday or did the simply decide having every moment that McDermott, Beane, & every single player is in front of a reporter they are getting grilled about a player that steps on the field for 8 plays a game (4 PAT tries, 2 FG attempts, & 2 punts) would be too distracting to accomplish the goals they have set for the year.

• Like (+1) 1

What a terrible situation all round.  Especially for the young woman.

If the Bills had any indication at all, even rumours, prior to the draft they were fools to make the pick.

He should have been released immediately after the news broke and worry about any legal issues after.  Contract voided for conduct violation.  End of story.  At least from the football perspective.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I took the statement to mean he's probably guilty of rape.

If she is 17 in California at the time ... he is.  If they found his DNA he is guilty.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What a terrible situation all round.  Especially for the young woman.

If the Bills had any indication at all, even rumours, prior to the draft they were fools to make the pick.

He should have been released immediately after the news broke and worry about any legal issues after.  Contract voided for conduct violation.  End of story.  At least from the football perspective.

Not a big fan of due process eh?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There is no due process when you have sex with a minor.  They can't give consent.  Guilty.  It's easy to prove he had sex with her.  It's easy to prove her age at the time.  Guilty.

Nothing's been proven. And it might be very difficult to prove he had sex with her. There's a reason the police tried to get him to explicitly confirm it.

Edited by PASabreFan