2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Here's why attempting to litigate via bullying on twitter is a bad idea:  Her attorney strongly implies that it was statutory and not forcible rape with this tweet:

His other tweets are even worse.

This is dumb from her attorney. Why on earth would Araizas attorney admit to anything, that's not is job. 

57 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oy vey. If the Bills knew about the complaint’s allegations when they cut Haack — yuck.

Well, they said they investigated.  Presumably their investigation yielded the conclusion that he didn't do what he's accused of, which is what his attorney said.

It's also worth noting that criminal charges haven't been brought despite this occurring 10 months ago.  It's likely the DA's office concluded that there isn't sufficient evidence to support criminal charges.

I don't think a team has to dump a player based solely on an accusation.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Whatever happened or didn't happen last October, I'm calling this right now:  There's something wrong with this Gilleon fellow.

Indeed.  Gilleon had a long phone call with the team's attorney.  What else was he expecting?

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Indeed.  Gilleon had a long phone call with the team's attorney.  What else was he expecting?

Pretty sure HE was expecting a cash payout to make this go away.

Guessing the girl went this way because she saw no movement forward from the police on her initial complaint and thought this was a way to force them to act.  (Guess based on the really limited info we currently have.  Am fully willing to change that opinion should more info come forth.)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Well, they said they investigated.  Presumably their investigation yielded the conclusion that he didn't do what he's accused of, which is what his attorney said.

It's also worth noting that criminal charges haven't been brought despite this occurring 10 months ago.  It's likely the DA's office concluded that there isn't sufficient evidence to support criminal charges.

No, the DA's office has not received anything from the police who are apparently sitting on rape kit results.  They probably filed civilly so something, anything would happen.

If it were my daughter I'd do the same thing with the police inaction they've faced.

20 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

No, the DA's office has not received anything from the police who are apparently sitting on rape kit results.  They probably filed civilly so something, anything would happen.

If it were my daughter I'd do the same thing with the police inaction they've faced.

Well, ESPN states:

A day after the party, Doe reported the alleged rape to San Diego police, who opened an investigation. No arrests have been made and the suspects had not been publicly identified, but detectives recently submitted their findings to the district attorney's office to determine whether charges should be filed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Here's why attempting to litigate via bullying on twitter is a bad idea:  Her attorney strongly implies that it was statutory and not forcible rape with this tweet:

His other tweets are even worse.

"How dare you air this out through the media"
-said through media

No offense to you lawyers out there, but they're all pond scum.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I was going by the videos.  There is certainly conflicting information on almost every aspect of this depending on source.

• Like (+1) 1

I am taking local news with a direct statement from the DA's office over ESPN any day, however. 😜

Also what are the chances that the police filed with the DA after the news report aired?  ESPN's source definitely seems like the police.

44 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I just read through the attorney’s Twitter page and there’s definitely something fishy going on concerning MA. That’s not to say nothing happened to the girl, but something is off. 

I don't think it says anything about the case either way, but that lawyer is clearly a loon.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

I don't think that's saying otherwise.  "Recently" is a lovely vague word. 

They mean it to imply that their knowledge of the complaint’s allegations post-dates their cutting Haack. But, as you say, they’re being vague about it so they can avoid stepping in it.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The kinds of specific - and horrific - allegations found in that complaint could (should?) have been enough to tip the balance against a player who was in a close competition. (From what I read in the camp coverage, it was a close competition.)

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The kinds of specific - and horrific - allegations found in that complaint could (should?) have been enough to tip the balance against a player who was in a close competition. (From what I read in the camp coverage, it was a close competition.)

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Why would the Bills risk squandering the incredible goodwill they’ve cultivated over a rookie punter? So strange.

What if it turns out that the whole thing is BS?

• Thanks (+1) 1