Dylan Cozens Fined for Crosschecking

LGR4GM

28 minutes ago, NAF said:

Nice to see the Sabres making the dirty plays instead of taking them. I would love to see more of this, but I doubt Cozens' bank account would as well.

Dylan is not a man to be messed with, and his willingness to drop the gloves to come to the aid of a wronged teammate shows the Sabre's are becoming a team you don't want to mess with.  

I love the type of hockey where people don't just talk, but actually do SOMETHING about it.  This is exactly the type of guy I want wearing the A on his jersey 2-3 years from now. 

11 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I like Cozens and all, but that was some cheap-#$%% stuff right there. People here'd be calling for someones head if I Sabre was coasting to bench and got crosschecked from behind into the boards.

Yeah it was dirty, but I understand the reaction after being hit in the family jewels.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah it was dirty, but I understand the reaction after being hit in the family jewels.

I don't think I do. You take the guys number and take care of it next time you're on the ice together. Hitting someone unawares isn't OK.

7 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I don't think I do. You take the guys number and take care of it next time you're on the ice together. Hitting someone unawares isn't OK.

And that's the rub, it's okay to spear the jewels but not okay to cross check. If they would have fined Nelson also these things may stop, but since they don't players will take the fine in order to get their redemption.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Perhaps Nelson should learn not to stick a guy in the nuts unawares as well then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

"Take the guys number."  And... what?  Justice delayed is justice denied.

Yup.  I like the response.  I’m thinking Nelson won’t be repeating the jewels spear on Dylan any time soon.

We've bitched and moaned about having a team without emotional responses to things that happen in game.  I liked this response.  Responses like this one will give Cozens room over time.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yup.  I like the response.  I’m thinking Nelson won’t be repeating the jewels spear on Dylan any time soon.

We've bitched and moaned about having a team without emotional responses to things that happen in game.  I liked this response.  Responses like this one will give Cozens room over time.

I like that there was a response.

I don’t think that was an appropriate response.

Being wronged is not a free pass to then go out and do wrong yourself.  Punch him in the face, sure.  Give a heavy (even a little late) body check, sure.  But cross checks from behind into the boards don’t belong in the game.  That’s my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I like that there was a response.

I don’t think that was an appropriate response.

Being wronged is not a free pass to then go out and do wrong yourself.  Punch him in the face, sure.  Give a heavy (even a little late) body check, sure.  But cross checks from behind into the boards don’t belong in the game.  That’s my opinion.

Neither does nut spearing.  Nelson got a little eye for an eye justice.  It’s not like Cozens instigated it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, MattPie said:

It's not like Cozens went out of his way to go after Nelson.  After getting speared, an opportunity presented itself.  He availed himself of the opportunity.  Could he done so in a better way?  Yeah probably.  

But overall, big picture is, Nelson shouldn't have speared him.  Pretty sure he now won't do it again.  And if he'd've waited for a different opportunity to address Nelson's actions, we don't know that anybody would even remember why he did whatever that happens to be.  Presuming he even gets the opportunity for retribution.  Nelson knows why he got crosschecked.

Maybe it's the start of Briere Ovie 2.0.  Always nice to have a reason to hate the Aisles that's actually current and not 40 or so years old.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It's not like Cozens went out of his way to go after Nelson.  After getting speared, an opportunity presented itself.  He availed himself of the opportunity.  Could he done so in a better way?  Yeah probably.  

But overall, big picture is, Nelson shouldn't have speared him.  Pretty sure he now won't do it again.  And if he'd've waited for a different opportunity to address Nelson's actions, we don't know that anybody would even remember why he did whatever that happens to be.  Presuming he even gets the opportunity for retribution.  Nelson knows why he got crosschecked.

Maybe it's the start of Briere Ovie 2.0.  Always nice to have a reason to hate the Aisles that's actually current and not 40 or so years old.  😉

The Isles and Tampa are two of the dirtiest teams that I have watched play over the last two years. If the league is serious (and they aren't) about ending this they could do it in a month. 

But you mentioned the flip side. Nothing gets fans amped up like a good debauchery filled feud 4 times a year and that's good for the pocket book.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I mean he did skate behind him through the entire neural zone, past his own bench, to hit the guy, and then peel off into the opposing zone nowhere near the play. But I can understand the opposing view here, I just think it's a dumb risk to take. If Nelson gets injured here Cozens is suspended (in-person hearing, I'm guessing) and is now a repeat offender.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I fooking love it.

I also suggest that any hand wringing, well-actually's, and/or scolding be gathered up, packed securely, and sent to your mother. Or someone's mother. Or an auntie. No matter. I'll even Venmo you the shipping costs.

And don't mess with the Workhorse from Whitehorse.
Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

Also: This happened when I all I had was a radio feed. I heard Ray's "Ooohhhhhh" come in, and I was like: Whatever happened -- it was bad. (And as RUN-DMC once said: "Not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good!")

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I fooking love it.

I also suggest that any hand wringing, well-actually's, and/or scolding be gathered up, packed securely, and sent to your mother. Or someone's mother. Or an auntie. No matter. I'll even Venmo you the shipping costs.

And don't mess with the Workhorse from Whitehorse.
Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

Also: This happened when I all I had was a radio feed. I heard Ray's "Ooohhhhhh" come in, and I was like: Whatever happened -- it was bad. (And as RUN-DMC once said: "Not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good!")

Is that all you or did you read that somewhere?

I really like it and I hope it's fits him well for a decade.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.