Dylan Cozens Fined for Crosschecking

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Based on how he cross checked him I’d say he was looking to inflict pain but not board him. He could of tried and end the guy’s career there with a check at the nameplate. So obviously Cozens wasn’t in a blind rage. I do think Cozens was jawing with him up the ice and Nelson just outright refused to pay for his aggressive “cup check” hence the lower back cross check which would be unlikely to injure Nelson but still give a message. Sometimes you need to do that.

I’d tell him to be less obvious next time however. Granted the first time needs to be more public as it sends a message to other players that Cozens isn’t a wallflower. 

Lastly, Cozens doesn’t become a scumbag unless he begins doing this on a consistent basis and/or doing even more egregious actions. He didn’t knee Nelson in the head or slew foot him into the corner. Lower back cross checks are actually a common defenseman tactic as with proper hand placement you can get away with it rather easily.

As you state in your last paragraph this type of crosscheck is common. Happens all over the ice but most commonly in front of the net. Dylans mistake was doing it near the boards. Anyone notice that once Dahlin added some snarl to his game he has more space ? Dylan will be afforded a little more space as well if he continues  to play the game like he isn’t afraid. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.