Skinner and Zemgus in Covid Protocol

Brawndo

We need more information.  This protocol stuff is BS.  Are they even sick?  Were they just in contact with someone who is sick or tested positive.  Are they vaccinated? Etc.

I’d love to know how many players have actually been sick and how severely.

The NHL probably needs to bring back the taxi squads.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We need more information.  This protocol stuff is BS.  Are they even sick?  Were they just in contact with someone who is sick or tested positive.  Are they vaccinated? Etc.

Did they kiss ? 

• Like (+1) 1

NFL should consider shutting down as well.  It is absurd the Browns had to play that game last night. The whole season is now getting effected by this Covid out break and it is going to get insanely bad the next several months. Imagine if JA or Mac Jones tests positive this week in such a huge game? 

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

NFL should consider shutting down as well.  It is absurd the Browns had to play that game last night. The whole season is now getting effected by this Covid out break and it is going to get insanely bad the next several months. Imagine if JA or Mac Jones tests positive this week in such a huge game? 

If the Pats lost Mac Jones, the impact would be minimal. They barely let him throw the ball.

• Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You don’t need any of that info

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

If my employer announced that I was in Covid protocol, I'd consider it a HIPAA violation.

That's why it's Covid protocol:  It's the way around actually releasing any health information.  There are several things that trigger Covid protocol, one of which is an actual positive test.  But there are several other things that trigger it.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

That's why it's Covid protocol:  It's the way around actually releasing any health information.  There are several things that trigger Covid protocol, one of which is an actual positive test.  But there are several other things that trigger it.

I’d be genuinely surprised if disclosure of medical status isn’t covered under the CBA and therefore isn’t a HIIPA violation.

24 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’d be genuinely surprised if disclosure of medical status isn’t covered under the CBA and therefore isn’t a HIIPA violation.

idk what HIIPA is but HIPAA applies to doctors and the like, not NHL teams. 

I took a quick search through the CBA and I don't see specific language about health information disclosure but maybe I missed it. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

It depends.  If the teams are self-insured for their employees' medical insurance (i.e., they are the "health plan" provider), it applies to them as well.

I would guess the NHL is the health plan provider in the US, would make bargaining easier but you are correct, individual teams could be bound by it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.