GDT: Seattle at Buffalo-November 29, 2021-7pm-MSG, ESPN+, WGR550

Brawndo

Dahlin is having a very rough night. Krueger truly wrecked his ability to think clearly. Heavy forechecking teams seem to get to him; give him time and he’ll make you pay but the book on him is out. I’m unsure how you fix that; drill it into him? 

Alright boys, time to climb back into it; it’s hockey fights cancer night.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin is having a very rough night. Krueger truly wrecked his ability to think clearly. Heavy forechecking teams seem to get to him; give him time and he’ll make you pay but the book on him is out. I’m unsure how you fix that; drill it into him? 

Ahhh…playing the Krueger card?  Excellent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

“Generational defenseman”

Brought to you by the hockey media who looooove to label players and looooove it when the kool-aid drinking fans slurp up their write ups/opinions. Please sir can I have another???

Dahlin is having a baaaad game so far. Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m not a coach but when I was kid the coach threw the puck into the corner and two guys went in after it.  Two go in and one comes out.  Eventually and some sore body parts later you learn.

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

What’s the over under for how many games till you you want to run Power out of town ? My guess is 25.  

Dahllins played 218 games before this one, so, game 219 I say ship him out. I'll wager on the over If 25 is your powers games played benchmark.

Dahlins no longer a rookie, he's not only shown no progression, he's actually a bad NHL defenseman. And at this point, the debate is moot, imho.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I think we just need to all come to the cold harsh realization that many scouts missed on Dahlin and we will be fortunate if Rasmus becomes a 45-50 point defenseman and good on the PP that is at least adequate defensively at his peak.

And it could not come at a worse time. For a number one pick to be a bust at this point in Sabres history continues to even further set us back in turning this thing around.

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t think there can be an argument made against your assertion. The only thing I can think of is the lack of quality forwards he has in front of him. But it’s getting to the point he’s been overexposed to a losing culture. 

None of the other reindeer are making these mistakes.  Only Rudolph.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Dahllins played 218 games before this one, so, game 219 I say ship him out. I'll wager on the over If 25 is your powers games played benchmark.

Dahlins no longer a rookie, he's not only shown no progression, he's actually a bad NHL defenseman. And at this point, the debate is moot, imho.

You can slice it anyway you want. He’s 21 - lots of examples of dmen that take till 23 or 24 to develop 

If we are still seeing these plays at 23 / 24 then have at it    

he should never have been in the NHL at 18.  

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

And the over reaction starts 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.