GDT: Sabres at NY Rangers, November 21, 2021, 6pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

The epitomy of Buffalo sports. You'll think we're good, but in the end we'll just rip your ***** heart out. I sat through 40 degree wind swept rain today to watch the Bills get embarrassed, only to come home and watch an amazingly brutal loss by the Sabres. Un ***** real. Can't take much more of this *****. 

Terry and Kim had huge smiles on their faces before the Bills game today. Wonder how they feel now? Ahh, their prolly back on their yacht by now not giving two .

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Why could I have not been born in Boston or Chicago or any place that ever has good sports teams and not have to endure lifelong heartbreaking losses. 🤓🤓

Why were the sabres the first team I picked in NHL2000 😛

Edit: ah yeah I loved the goathead and they had Satan 😛

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha (+1) 2

Let us face facts: this team is going to have problems on the road.  They will get unfavourable defence and line match-ups which will take more out of them as the game goes on.  There is not enough talent to overcome that too often.

• Like (+1) 3

That hurts.  A terrible Buffalo Sports weekend. 

0.4 seconds away from a point.  This team is so poor that I am even happy with a regulation tie.  

You can see by how we get dominated in the 3rd that no NHL team wants to lose to us.  We cannot just rollover like this.  Another late goal. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Let us face facts: this team is going to have problems on the road.  They will get unfavourable defence and line match-ups which will take more out of them as the game goes on.  There is not enough talent to overcome that too often.

True, but when you get to the last minute you can’t lose in regulation.  You just can’t.  We recently lost two in the dying seconds.  That is irresponsible play.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

ZERO POINT FOUR SECONDS.....shall I repeat that?? Pathetic

I know......What keeps Granato from just going ape-sh** in the locker room after this one? I would be worried about anyone that is not bothered by this especially after we just saw this in the Toronto game.......And yes wasn't Dell the goalie in that game as well?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Last sentence is the root cause here. This is one of the least talented rosters in the league (probably bottom 3) and that’s with Mitts and VO. They’ve managed to win some games because they play hard, are scrappy and have probably snuck up on a couple of teams. Watching this team trying to set up anything on offense is painful. And how many breakaway opportunities have we had this season? Very few because they are slllllooooooowwwwww and any breakaways get snuffed out before they get anywhere near the net. I just hope they don’t rush the kids in Rochester. Let them cook down there and maybe call them up sometime in the last month. Hopefully guys like Peterka, Quinn and Krebs (not to mention Tuch) inject some needed speed and offensive skill.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, calti said:

right down the road in pittsburgh they have consistent yr after yr hockey and football. they do things the right way.Pegula needs to study those teams. Its going on 10 yrs now?/ longer? Ultimately its his decisions that are important.

Not much to study.  Hire good people. Support them.  Get out of the way.  Don’t make too many changes. Build long term good culture by winning. 

example :  the Steelers have had 3 head coaches in 50+ years.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

The epitomy of Buffalo sports. You'll think we're good, but in the end we'll just rip your ***** heart out. I sat through 40 degree wind swept rain today to watch the Bills get embarrassed, only to come home and watch an amazingly brutal loss by the Sabres. Un ***** real. Can't take much more of this *****. 

Terry and Kim had huge smiles on their faces before the Bills game today. Wonder how they feel now? Ahh, their prolly back on their yacht by now not giving two .

Hopefully without the drain plug.  I kid.

I'll bet a graph could be created indicating a positive correlation between Buffalo teams sucking and Buffalo fans drinking.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.