Should the Sabres go after Patrick Kane?

sabrefanday1

1 hour ago, I-90 W said:

You were talking about someone (I assume LGR4GM) not liking him because Kane is an a******. That shouldn’t weigh in as heavily as some think it should with making a decision like this. We could use a Patrick Kane, even with his warts. Hence this isn’t grade school/ popularity contest. 

People will have differing opinions.  I don’t like the guy, I think he is a jerk, so I don’t want him to play for my favorite team.  That’s good enough for me.

Does it need to be more complicated?  What are professional sports?  A serious business with real world consequences?  Or an escape that everyone can enjoy in the way they wish?  We are a bunch of grown ups watching a bunch of millionaires play a game.  Its not such a serious thing.  It’s absurd.  It’s all just for fun.

Apart from my personal feelings about Kane the human, there are many other reasons that many people have laid out for why Kane probably isn’t a great fit with the Sabres at this time.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 3

Who said anything about Buffalo giving up assets to get Kane. Chicago would have to give up assets to unload the cap space

Cancel culture isn’t about rapists. That’s just treating scum like they deserve and is universally accepted. Cancel culture is about cancelling wrongthink and people not curtailing to words people believe they’ve changed the definitions for.

35 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I wouldn't trade for him but I'd send out some feelers when he's a UFA if he continues to be impactful.

Expecting that Adams won't put out feelers on him as expect he'll still consider the youth on this team to still be too "impressionable" for lack of a better term to have a guy with a reputation for not treating people properly (deservedly or not)  showing them the ropes.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, sabrefanday1 said:

With Chicago in a complete mess I think they would be more then open to trading Kane and being a Buffalo native he certainly would give us something to get excited about. Not sure what the price would be but I think it would give us a top forward we really need. Otherwise maybe we really are tanking and would have no interest.    

When is he a free agent?? The guy is still one of the best players in the game.And has another 5-7 yrs in him. Problem is the cost.

How about Dahlin for Kane straight up? ( if i were chicago i wouldnt do it but you never know)

11 minutes ago, calti said:

When is he a free agent?? The guy is still one of the best players in the game.And has another 5-7 yrs in him. Problem is the cost.

How about Dahlin for Kane straight up? ( if i were chicago i wouldnt do it but you never know)

Unload that salary AND get a possible franchise D?  Their GM should be fired immediately if he doesn’t make that deal instantly. 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, inkman said:

Unload that salary AND get a possible franchise D?  Their GM should be fired immediately if he doesn’t make that deal instantly. 

What franchise D are you talking about? Junior Dahlin doesnt have the GUTS(Phil Hartman) to play D in the NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.