Should the Sabres go after Patrick Kane?

sabrefanday1

With Chicago in a complete mess I think they would be more then open to trading Kane and being a Buffalo native he certainly would give us something to get excited about. Not sure what the price would be but I think it would give us a top forward we really need. Otherwise maybe we really are tanking and would have no interest.    

• Haha (+1) 1

Guys, come on.  Give the guy / gal a break.  It's not as outlandish an idea as some that I have heard over the years.

That said, there is no possible way that this could happen anytime soon.

There have been persistant stories about Kane wanting to finish his career in Buffalo or at least not opposed to that idea.  The timing is not right now.  In a few more years than maybe.  When is his contract up?  I would not want to give up anything for him now, but maybe give him his last contract in UFA and that is only if the Sabres are contending for something at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

1) Chicago is not rebuilding so they aren’t trading Kane

2) Buffalo is rebuilding so why would they want Kane

3) Kane has a reputation as a somewhat questionable character guy, KA has been all about bringing in high character guys

4) Kane has a NMC and, if he wants to be traded, I doubt it’s to go to a perennial bottom feeder

5) Kane is almost 33 and under contract for just one year after this one.  I doubt Buffalo would want to spend assets to bring in such a short term player.

Its a NO.

This is something that gets continually brought up, and it just isn’t a fit.  Maybe if the Sabres get quite good in a couple years it could become a possibility, but as long as they are bad, it just makes no sense.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

With Chicago in a complete mess I think they would be more then open to trading Kane and being a Buffalo native he certainly would give us something to get excited about. Not sure what the price would be but I think it would give us a top forward we really need. Otherwise maybe we really are tanking and would have no interest.    

No. 

***** no. 

Hell f##king no.

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

"If the Sabres don't do this thing I want which is a HORRIBLE idea, I'm gonna be call this a tank and not watch"

Half Baked Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

There have been persistant stories about Kane wanting to finish his career in Buffalo or at least not opposed to that idea.  The timing is not right now.  In a few more years than maybe.  When is his contract up?  I would not want to give up anything for him now, but maybe give him his last contract in UFA and that is only if the Sabres are contending for something at that point.

No they have not. You can't post a credible source for that. 

I don't want any of the sexual abuse cover up players off the hawks either. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Consider there are infinite parallel universes (there are): I’m skeptical there’s even one where we make a Kane addition and it works out 

I, for one, hope we live in the universe where he becomes a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think Adams has said he wants good people, per se. He’s said he wants players who want to be here and wake every day focused on making the Sabres better.

Is that Kane? 

Two years at $10.5 million fits our cap.

Depends on the price, don’t it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.