Vegas will allow Eichel to have ADR surgery

LGR4GM

Godspeed Jack

https://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/4667524/chad-prusmack-ratings

"Prusmack is a butcher. His surgeries have left me riddled in pain and I now need another very painful and dangerous surgery to correct the deformaty he caused. He is a butcher, all my new doctors look at my imaging and understand why I cry daily from the pain."

"If I could rate a zero I would. When you draw line down the center of the body, the spine should be 2cm away - my spine is 16cm away from the 3 back fusion surgeries by Dr. Prusmack. Don't subject yourself to his arrogance and mistakes, go to another doctor, almost any doctor would be better."

• Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Two different cervical ADR groups. One person had a surgery by him and another one asked about him. That’s it. The one guy who had the surgery had some weird artificial disk I never heard of.

Maybe for the Sabres it wasn't just the surgery but also the doctor performing it. Both of those things combined to get them to dig in their heels. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe for the Sabres it wasn't just the surgery but also the doctor performing it. Both of those things combined to get them to dig in their heels. 

It’s not unreasonable to think that was part of the conversation. Just because a 20 something kid is sold on someone, it doesn’t mean it’s the best choice.

• Like (+1) 3

The one question I'll always have.

It's abundantly clear from both the EF Eichel interview, and others, that the focal point moment of breakdown was when Jack asked for a trade in 2020.

IF the universe is the same, but Jack doesn't ask for that trade, and just soldiers on, do the Pegula's let him have his preferred surgery? I think the answer is yes. Which would mean, this wouldn't have been 100% about the Buffalo doctors' perspective, but also billionaire pettiness. 

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 1

17:30-ish

The question: "Jack, did you ever feel it (the surgery debate) became personal, not from Adams or the org, but from higher powers (owners)?

Jack's Reaction:

image.thumb.png.197647f37ad435154b3f3f881e5f5733.png

Jack isn't the total good guy of this story, but the Pegula's clearly turned on their champion once he asked for a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Why is virtually everyone on this board assuming the worst of the Pegulas with Eichel?  I know the Pegula era started off with the misbegotten tank and we are living with the worst case scenario, but are they as malicious, petty, and hot-tempered as people here think?  If so, what evidence do you have that is from a disinterested party?  Hockey talking heads don't count because they have a clear interest to curry favour with players and agents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

I love medical reviews online, I read them of my hospital all the time.....you know, the ones where people say they'd rather die than go back to that hell hole and they would crawl on their hands and knees to another state because all the doctors are out to kill everybody. 

Then you look in the EMR and they have had 15 visit a month for the last 12 months 😂😂😂 

Social media is the devil. 

There are some less qualified physicians out there perhaps, but the 99.5% of doctors are doing their best... ***** sometimes happens, but you don't read about the 99% that goes great. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I love medical reviews online, I read them of my hospital all the time.....you know, the ones where people say they'd rather die than go back to that hell hole and they would crawl on their hands and knees to another state because all the doctors are out to kill everybody. 

Then you look in the EMR and they have had 15 visit a month for the last 12 months 😂😂😂 

Social media is the devil. 

There are some less qualified physicians out there perhaps, but the 99.5% of doctors are doing their best... ***** sometimes happens, but you don't read about the 99% that goes great. 

The most experienced surgeons in the world performing this procedure do not reside in the United States. I’m sure everyone does their best and I don’t think anyone is saying differently. But like any other skill in life, practice makes perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.