GDT: Sabres @ Sharks 11/2/2021, 10:30pm est

LGR4GM

18 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The Sabres do a lot of stuff good, a lot of stuff bad and it shows in their play lol.

@Gatorman0519 either find something positive to say about the team or shut up tonight already. You are the most depressing on this game day thread to the point I am honestly curious if you are a Sabres fan. Endlessly talking about how Eichel was great and we won't find another Eichel is like continuously telling people in the desert they are out of water. 

You could always keep scrolling and not cause unnecessary drama. 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The difference is they're rolling Couture, Hertl, and Bonino vs. Thompson, Cozens, and Eakin down the middle. Cozens can be Couture some day. Thompson could maybe be a Hertl...maybe. Eakin is nowhere near Bonino.

Cozens shouldn't even be in the NHL right now. Couture was a star from his first full season. No comparison.

A fight breaks out and the announcer says:

”this is what we want to see”

”now it’s getting interesting”

Good thing most of the Sabrespacer’s are in bed, subjecting them to a hockey fight might offend. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Cozens shouldn't even be in the NHL right now. Couture was a star from his first full season. No comparison.

I'm not comparing them as rookies. I'm saying maybe someday Cozens can be what Couture is now -- a 50+ point center year-after-year. Right now they are a gross mismatch. (Also remember, those SJ teams were stacked with studs in their primes (Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski).

Also, I doubt Thompson ever has a season as good as Hertl has had (74 points), but maybe he can do the 30-40 points that Hertl puts up year-in and -out. That's the hope anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.