GDT: Sabres @ Sharks 11/2/2021, 10:30pm est

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, inkman said:

It feels like every 4th game is on the ocho.  Does that check out?

They frontloaded a bunch. Here's the remaining schedule:
Nov. 12 against Edmonton
Dec. 7 against Anaheim
Feb. 1 at Las Vegas
March 4 at Minnesota
April 5 against Carolina
April 7 at Carolina.

Then 2 exclusive on TNT:
March 13 The Heritage Classic against Toronto
March 23 against Pittsburgh.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They frontloaded a bunch. Here's the remaining schedule:
Nov. 12 against Edmonton
Dec. 7 against Anaheim
Feb. 1 at Las Vegas
March 4 at Minnesota
April 5 against Carolina
April 7 at Carolina.

Then 2 exclusive on TNT:
March 13 The Heritage Classic against Toronto
March 23 against Pittsburgh.

For those keep track, if your main streaming service is through Fubo, which doesn’t get and Turner stations (hint TNT), you’ll need 3 different subscriptions.  ESPN+, Fubo, and whatever service you choose to get Turner networks.  No matter what you’ll have to get two subscriptions.  So ***** dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Didn't the Sabres play a game last year where the other team was riddled with COVID and it should have been canceled? 

Yep.  Difference was, none of the other team's players that should've been out actually were out.  (Until after that game that is.)

That actually was the pebble that really started to pick up velocity leading to last year's avalanche.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  Difference was, none of the other team's players that should've been out actually were out.  (Until after that game that is.)

That actually was the pebble that really started to pick up velocity leading to last year's avalanche.

And also last year the vaccine was just coming online.  The Sabres are all vaxed now.  No, it's not 100%, but it does give protection against serious illness in most cases.  And finally.... if the Sabres lost a few heads there are some guys in Rochester I wouldn't mind giving some NHL time to.  I'm not sure we could really say that last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Norcal said:

I was thinking the same, well atleast kind of imagining how he would fit on that line.

I think he'll be ok there for a short spell. 

Early on I thought that would be Bjork, but as the season goes on I think Caggiula is nosing ahead of him on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

MIttlestadt and Olofsson (maybe Tage?) are really the only forwards on this team who are in any way shape or form dangerous

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Cagguila is the Swiss Army Knife on this team, isn't he?

He has been the best of the JAG forwards, IMO (Hinostroza, Eakin, Bjork, Hayden being the others)

For the record, I think of Sabres in three groups: the JAGs who are space fillers (Hagg, Pysyk, Butcher, Miller, Wolanin, Tokarski), the Vets who have leadership roles and/or may be around for a while (Skinner, Okposo, Girgs, Anderson), and the Kids who have to carve themselves a role on this team moving forward (Asplund, Thompson, Olofsson, Ruotsalainen, Cozens, Dahlin, Bryson, Jokiharju, Murray and Mitts)

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

MIttlestadt and Olofsson (maybe Tage?) are really the only forwards on this team who are in any way shape or form dangerous

He has been the best of the JAG forwards, IMO (Hinostroza, Eakin, Bjork, Hayden being the others)

For the record, I think of Sabres in three groups: the JAGs who are space fillers (Hagg, Pysyk, Butcher, Miller, Wolanin, Tokarski), the Vets who have leadership roles and/or may be around for a while (Skinner, Okposo, Girgs, Anderson), and the Kids who have to carve themselves a role on this team moving forward (Asplund, Thompson, Olofsson, Ruotsalainen, Cozens, Dahlin, Bryson, Jokiharju, Murray and Mitts)

Agree, accept.... Murray may or may not be more than a JAG, and possibly one or more of the JAGs become more permanent fixtures (possibly Caggiula or Bjork).  We will see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.