Sabres re call Brett Murray from Rochester, Place Drake Caggiula on IR

Brawndo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres re call Brett Murray from Rochester 11/15
33 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Who's hurt?

edit..

He's big and gritty. Play him on the KO ZG line for a shut down line against Crosby without sacrificing Cozens to Crosby again?

Cozens has had two consecutive good outings against two premier centers. I’d be surprised if Granato didn’t match him up against Crosby. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

They only have 12 healthy forwards.

I dunno about that.  Cozens left practice early.  He's "fine" but that's what they always start with.  Then they say he's gametime, then day-to-day, then week-to-week.  We know this song, let's all join in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I dunno about that.  Cozens left practice early.  He's "fine" but that's what they always start with.  Then they say he's gametime, then day-to-day, then week-to-week.  We know this song, let's all join in.

If Cozens is really hurt, they should be calling up 2 guys.

Shouldn't hit the road with the bare minimum.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Cozens has had two consecutive good outings against two premier centers. I’d be surprised if Granato didn’t match him up against Crosby. 

In Pittsburgh. Sullivan gets the last change. He better be ready because he got crushed last time they played. I can't see Sullivan not doing it again and Granato will not be able to help much.

I’m glad for this kid. He has really developed his game. 
 He has seemed reluctant to use his giant body as a tool to strike fear but I think he was working so hard at hockey skills.

I’m not sure how much post whistle action gets shown on AHLtv but there was a scrum on Friday night that shined a light on his aggressive side. 

He pinned the Monster to the ice and was cussing the guy out when he got up. He was smart enough not to drop the gloves but I could clearly see him say “let’s go”. The Monster was in no way agreeing.

If he can keep up the hockey and mix in some of that then he’ll do well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

In Pittsburgh. Sullivan gets the last change. He better be ready because he got crushed last time they played. I can't see Sullivan not doing it again and Granato will not be able to help much.

Seems like we are in agreement then if both Sullivan and Granato want the Cozens/Crosby matchup.😄

If Cozens plays to the same level he played to on Friday and Saturday, against the best player in the league and one of the league’s most lethal scorers, respectively, then I think he can hold up well. Big if for a young player looking for consistency to be sure, but how else do you find it if not being tested each night? Should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Seems like we are in agreement then if both Sullivan and Granato want the Cozens/Crosby matchup.😄

If Cozens plays to the same level he played to on Friday and Saturday, against the best player in the league and one of the league’s most lethal scorers, respectively, then I think he can hold up well. Big if for a young player looking for consistency to be sure, but how else do you find it if not being tested each night? Should be interesting.

Let's be real.  Crosby has faced the top defensive forwards in the league for almost 2 decades.    Sure it will be a great experience for Cozens, but lets temper our expectations just a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Let's be real.  Crosby has faced the top defensive forwards in the league for almost 2 decades.    Sure it will be a great experience for Cozens, but lets temper our expectations just a bit.

I don’t have any expectations at all, actually, except an expectation that Cozens gets the opportunity. In no way shape or form have I suggested that Cozens would get the better of a generational talent like Crosby. I only pointed out that in the two challenges Granato prescribed on Friday and Saturday, Cozens did not disappoint and, as such, I expect Granato to give him yet another challenge against another great talent. It’s all upside imo. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Yeah.  Like be real.  It isn't like McDavid is as good as Crosby or anything...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.