Waiver wire

North Buffalo

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So you know enough about Barre-Boulet that he would not be an upgrade over Eakin?

Really expect being better than Eakin wasn't the issue.  The issue is, would he be better than the guys that will actually dress like Hayden, Thompson, & Bjork.  Probably better than Hayden, but does he bring enough to make it make sense to not have Hayden out of the lineup?

Don't know enough about him to say he would or wouldn't be, but expect that based upon where the overall talent levels are that the Bolts' 15th best forward is better than the Sabres' 12th best.

In summation, the Sabres sent JJP down (the right move) and let Jonsson-Fjallby go (apparently because he didn't want to be here). But no one on waivers was better than Butcher? Than Eakin? Than Hayden or Bjork or Hayden? Than current-day Cozens (who probably could really use time as a 1C in the AHL)? Barre-Boulet was less talented than all of them, excluding Butcher? Heck, even Ruotsalainen is still waivers-exempt according to Capfriendly if they were worried about getting too small in stature. The thing is --- no waiver claim was going to improve this team by 10+ points in the standings. Collect more talent!

And I say that all with the caveat that Eakin had his best game in years between Okposo and Girgs in the preseason against fellow bottom-dweller Detroit. His ability to win a faceoff is insignificant next to the power of a team deficient of scoring.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

In summation, the Sabres sent JJP down (the right move) and let Jonsson-Fjallby go (apparently because he didn't want to be here). But no one on waivers was better than Butcher? Than Eakin? Than Hayden or Bjork or Hayden? Than current-day Cozens (who probably could really use time as a 1C in the AHL)? Barre-Boulet was less talented than all of them, excluding Butcher? Heck, even Ruotsalainen is still waivers-exempt according to Capfriendly if they were worried about getting too small in stature. The thing is --- no waiver claim was going to improve this team by 10+ points in the standings. Collect more talent!

And I say that all with the caveat that Eakin had his best game in years between Okposo and Girgs in the preseason against fellow bottom-dweller Detroit. His ability to win a faceoff is insignificant next to the power of a team deficient of scoring.

It’s called tanking

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Can someone point me to this story. I missed it.

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can someone point me to this story. I missed it.

No, no. Not a story. It's a joke for anyone who gets cut, traded, waived, left behind on a road trip, etc. in the next year or so while GM Sheevyn is in charge on account of how often he's stated that. You blocked a shot, broke your foot, and will miss 6-8 weeks? Don't want to be here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Really expect being better than Eakin wasn't the issue.  The issue is, would he be better than the guys that will actually dress like Hayden, Thompson, & Bjork.  Probably better than Hayden, but does he bring enough to make it make sense to not have Hayden out of the lineup?

Don't know enough about him to say he would or wouldn't be, but expect that based upon where the overall talent levels are that the Bolts' 15th best forward is better than the Sabres' 12th best.

I think Bjork is being highly over rated by both the Sabres and this board. 

I think it likely Barre-Boulet will be better than about half our roster. 

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

Will they have to reduce their roster once their Covid players are cleared?  I forgot how that works.

When any of their currently IR'd players are ready to play, a rostered player will need to be waived, IR'd, or traded for a player that won't be rostered  in order to make room to activate them.  They currently have the max of 23 players on the active roster w/ about 6 more on IR.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.