Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Toronto had a tough night in the NHL as well losing 7-1 to the Penguins.  Love it.  Great job by Rochester.  It's amazing to think that last week at this time the talk was all about how bad UPL was.  Nice to see the team have a decisive win (more please).

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

UPL currently has a .796 save percentage. 

Is that bad?  😀

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Man... I'd like to see him moved down and Houser moved up.

No chance that happens.  Time for UPL to sink or swim, in the freaking AHL.  😒

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t agree with allowing UPL to stay in there for 6 goals (7th as empty netter).  Young goalie who is clearly struggling. You have a capable vet in Dell. Pull UPL, let Dell mop up and then ride Dell while UPL works on his game.

100% right.
The trials and tribulations of young goalies 

he will find his game eventually. 

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t agree with allowing UPL to stay in there for 6 goals (7th as empty netter).  Young goalie who is clearly struggling. You have a capable vet in Dell. Pull UPL, let Dell mop up and then ride Dell while UPL works on his game.

He needs to to to the ECHL. You have this affiliation for a reason, and Houser can come up. Let UPL work on his game in Cincinnati for awhile until his game and confidence is back up. This is stupid. He’s started 3 games and has a 5.01 GAA and an .805 save percentage. What are we doing here? You can’t possibly tell me any of this is “development “.  

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

He needs to to to the ECHL. You have this affiliation for a reason, and Houser can come up. Let UPL work on his game in Cincinnati for awhile until his game and confidence is back up. This is stupid. He’s started 3 games and has a 5.01 GAA and an .805 save percentage. What are we doing here? You can’t possibly tell me any of this is “development “.  

Whoa!  Step away from the ledge.  I can see letting him sit for a couple of games, but IMO he is not going to the ECHL. 

PS You sound like Amerks fans from the past who forget what the role is of the farm team. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Whoa!  Step away from the ledge.  I can see letting him sit for a couple of games, but IMO he is not going to the ECHL. 

PS You sound like Amerks fans from the past who forget what the role is of the farm team. 

Let’s get one thing clear. I don’t need a lecture on what the Amerks are or what they’re around for. I’m not having that debate, and you might as well forget it. And even attempting to stick your nose down down on me for that aspect is ridiculous. 

Second, even if you’re going about this from a purely developmental aspect, absolutely nothing about a 5 GAA, and an .800 save percentage is ”development”. This is a goalie who clearly has no confidence, and is in over his head at this level of play. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going down to the ECHL to regain confidence. He has no business playing in the AHL right now, let alone as a teams starter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You saw him in the preseason, right? UPL is not just a little bad, he's a lot bad right now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.