Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

It was good to be back in my seat. That was a long wait.

The action started as soon as I parked. I use a free space on Irving and walk acrost the pay lot to Exchange to cross Broad.

This little red berry came flying and landed next to me. I look up from the berry on the ground and see this young dirty dude standing on the other side of the shrub hedge is looking at me. Obviously he plucked it off the bush and tossed it at me.

This irritates me and I turn to approach him. He says “Augh man, did that hit you?”

I say “That wasn’t very nice.”

He says “I know. I saw you looking at me with your killer eyes.”

He was obviously a very mentally ill and very high vagrant. He told me he lived “here” but “maybe he should get a house?”

I encouraged his idea but told him he needed to quit the dope first.

He says “Man if I could do that then you’d see me in the newspaper!”

Gave him a big ole thumbs up. I had an eerie feeling the entire time that I was talking to a ghost.

Maybe he was. No one else at the intersection (including the cop) even looked at him. 

Maybe that’s why he tossed that berry at me.

• Like (+1) 1

The arena looked good. Bathrooms are new and nice. New sound. Still have the live band and $2 genny draft pregame.

I friggin destroyed a puck plate and had a Genny even though I haven’t had a beer in months. (Plenty of tequila though)

Concessions seemed just fine.

I ran into a very close friend I haven’t seen in a while so we sat with them.

As suspected the season holders in my row had some drop outs (I’m hoping they’re well and just protesting) which messes my plan up a little.

Mrs. iT helps out selling tickets when she can and can come up after she’s done so I found a row with all season ticket holders except for two on the end and just bought the aisle seat. 

That left an almost unsellable seat available for my wife when she was done downstairs.

It was a good run. I’ll call my rep on Monday and scoop up that seat. 

That means I’ll have an extra ticket here and there. I’ll let this thread know if that happens as there is availability.

If these guys can entertain like they did tonight then that place is going to fill up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

UPL actually made some big saves tonight, a definite improvement. I didn’t like the second goal against, though. He was in alone, but it was weak. Very weak goal against. But overall much better. 

Amerks really need to tighten things up. Couldn’t believe how casual they were with the puck. The game could’ve easily gone the other way if it weren’t for a couple posts. 

Edited by Amerks8796

7 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

UPL actually made some big saves tonight, a definite improvement. I didn’t like the second goal against, though. He was in alone, but it was weak. Very weak goal against. But overall much better. 

I was expecting worse from him. He seems to get lost when the puck goes behind him but did well when he could square up and be big.

10 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Amerks really need to tighten things up. Couldn’t believe how casual they were with the puck. The game could’ve easily gone the other way if it weren’t for a couple posts. 

That short handed goal shouldn’t have happened. When the extra guy came to the point to put on pressure someone should have came with him. 

It was obvious that Fitzgerald was going to fight someone at some point. 

The crowd seemed to like the action.
The next matchup with these guys should be entertaining as well.

15 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Weissbach looked extremely fast yesterday when I went to the game, he was flying past defenders.

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Geez, who does Weissbach remind me of…. R2, VO?  

Whoever the smallest is of the two.  He’s tiny.  Hopefully he can bulk up from his 161 lbs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.