2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

8 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Which begs the question once we give Jack away for a bag of hockey pucks as we did with Sam will we even meet the cap-floor threshold? Looking on the bright aside we should be able to lock up the  1st overall pick again next year fairly early. Isn;t there new rules concerning how many times one team can have the 1st overall pick now? Thought I read that a new rule came in stopping teams from getting 1st overall pick too often in a 5 year stretch. Anybody hear of this rule?

It only affects moving up in the lottery. If we are the worst team, it doesn’t count towards the limit. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Then again, you take Tuch and Smith back (or get a third team to take Smith) the cap hit in an Eichel trade is a wash

Indefinitely think they flip Smith quickly or just wait for the deadline but either way he’d be off the books within a year. Then there’s a $5M difference.

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Anyone think G Fredrik Anderson can return to form? I know he was bad last season but he might be one of those buy low guys who could pan out. he was solid the 3 years before last.

Same thing could be said for Jones. Has he lost his early promise totally or does he just need a change of scenery? 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Same thing could be said for Jones. Has he lost his early promise totally or does he just need a change of scenery? 

Jones and Holtby are ***** awful. Irredeemably so.

Andersen has something left IMO, but he’s no Linus.

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I'm trying so hard to envision what I've seen of Linus that makes some fans want him back.

Other than injuries, I don’t understand why some fans don’t.

Again: with Linus in net over the past two years the Sabres - the god-awful, no-talent, Krueger-coached Sabres - won at a 90-point pace.

Also, he is the best shootout goalie in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Other than injuries, I don’t understand why some fans don’t.

Again: with Linus in net over the past two years the Sabres - the god-awful, no-talent, Krueger-coached Sabres - won at a 90-point pace.

Also, he is the best shootout goalie in the NHL.

The one thing I like about Linus is that he has gotten better each step of the way in his developmental process. As you point out he played very well for us under very challenging circumstances playing behind an incomplete team and a poorly coached team. The expectation is that he still has some upside to his game. It's imperative that this regime works hard and with urgency to put a good support system (more talent) in front of him. 

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Chevy shoring up the back end with Dillon and Schmidt. Looks like he is going for it this year.

He has traded the  2022 2nd and 3rd and the 2023 2nd.

We won't have one of the worst D corps this season.

What are you going for exactly?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.