Pick #33: LW/RW Prokhor Poltapov

GASabresIUFAN

From my board we have had two selections from my second round in 42 Wyatt Johnson who went 23rd and 45 Tyler Boucher who went 10th overall to Ott.

The more guys that teams take "off the board" the better option we'll have at 33.  I'm really interested in L'Heureux to give this team more attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Pinelli is an okay selection, but I think the C will come via Reinhart or Eichel being moved.

We need prospects and NHLers.  I also don't think either guy is getting traded until maybe the deadline.

EDIT:  Friedmann proved me wrong pretty quickly.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Just now, French Collection said:

Hard to believe Raty was ranked number 1 not that long ago.

Didn't really convert the "high" skill into points according to the draft coverage on ESPN2.  Also McKenzie has him at 28 on his board. The NHL coverage has Raty 19 and Pinelli 20.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Shocking picks at 31 and 32 which is great news for the Sabres.

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

L'Heureux goes 27 and Olausson goes 28.

Top guys left on my board

Raty (15), Chibrikov (20), Pinelli (23), Robertsson (27), Stankoven (28), Toumaala (29), Dean (31) and Chayka (33)

Raty and Pinelli have to be on the Sabres radar.

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Raty and Pinelli are the top Centers available

The sad thing is it routinely is acceptable to draft a guy in the mid teens with the hopes his upside is a 3rd line player in the NHL.  Could you imagine that in the NFL? Drafting a guy at 15 with the hopes he is a good backup?? Sure some players don't pan out in the NFL but the expectation is much higher for players in the NFL in the first round than in the NHL.

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Ville Koivunen

Olen Zellweger 

A guy we could probably snag with the Boston pick and another LHD?? I certainly don't have your expertise with draft picks but these seem strange to me??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.