What's Ristolainen going to return?

dudacek

Risto trade returns  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What will Risto return in a trade, if it happens in the next few weeks?

• Nothing. He won't be protected and will be a Kraken
    • A good player
    • The equivalent of late 1st, plus
    • The equivalent of late 1st
    • The equivalent of a 2nd
    • The equivalent of a 3rd or less
    • Nothing. He won't be traded prior to the trade deadline, if at all

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s so easy to photoshop

It could also just be from some rando. Photoshop wouldn't even be necessary. 

I post it because that account has a pretty good track record from what I've followed and gathered and this is a message board

Meant to spark conversation regarding the order people think that the trades may go down in.

It also contains the Dreger quote I didn't realize Brawndo had posted already, thus the disclaimer at the top 

Edited by Thorny

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I firmly believe they will protect Ristolainen and expect to lose Borgen. 

This makes sense if you’re trading Risto after losing Borgen for a Borgen or better replacement, plus a pick or whatever. 

Otherwise, you expose Risto and possibly get nothing and keep Borgen. 

OR, you are just happy with a completely green D core of Dahlin, Joki, Borgen, Bryson, Samuelsson, and Power. 

34 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This makes sense if you’re trading Risto after losing Borgen for a Borgen or better replacement, plus a pick or whatever. 

Otherwise, you expose Risto and possibly get nothing and keep Borgen. 

OR, you are just happy with a completely green D core of Dahlin, Joki, Borgen, Bryson, Samuelsson, and Power. 

I don't think they're drafting Power 

11 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I can't select the right answer as it was not a option. A carton of cigarettes for Christmas, that's right it has been a banner year with the ole Sabres fandom

"Dr. David Banner: physician, scientist; searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry. And now when David Banner grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs...The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter. The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit. David Banner is believed to be dead and he must let the world think that he is dead until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him."

Edited by Andrew Amerk

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Power will be a Sabre.

The more I hear about him from analysts the more confirmed I am with my stance. Of course there is no unanimity as to who should be the first pick. No question there are good arguments for other players but in my mind not only is he the safest pick but also has a lot of upside. My next option would be Beniers.  

If you look at the decisions that Adams has made in bringing in staff such as Karmonos, Ventura, Granato, putting together the expansion list etc they all fall within the boundary of being fundamentally sound decisions that are not reaches or acting outside of the box. A Power selection would fall in this same safe category.

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Can't wait until Friday. 

Today I had to tell my imaginary girlfriend that I have basketball to watch Tuesday, hockey Wednesday, basketball Thursday (if needed), hockey Friday and then basketball again next Thursday.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

NRD is reporting Philly is still interested in Risto

What would the return be based on the prior rumor of a young dman and a high pick.

The worst part of Twitter is looking at the replies to any tweet that mentions Ristolainen. It just brings out a cesspool of Sabres fans who haven’t done math since grade school talking about how his “advanced stats” are terrible and he’s the worst player in the league. Okay, maybe not worse than the racists but definitely one of twitter’s worst areas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The worst part of Twitter is looking at the replies to any tweet that mentions Ristolainen. It just brings out a cesspool of Sabres fans who haven’t done math since grade school talking about how his “advanced stats” are terrible and he’s the worst player in the league. Okay, maybe not worse than the racists but definitely one of twitter’s worst areas.

To be fair to the cesspool, this Risto stuff is the fault of the Die by the Blade guys. They have way too much influence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.