Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

He fell.  Was expected to go in, I’ll say, 6-12ish range.  Suffered semi serious injury towards end of draft year, and fell to 17, I think.  Recovered and played awesome.

Vegas is My Darkhorse Team for Eichel.

The return starts with Krebs and Tuch.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

the number one thing they want is players who love the buffalo sabres and who want to be here 

No Number One pick wants to come here right now.  So who ya gonna pick, Kevyn?

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Hopefully way wrong on this one and some regression to the mean. 

Just because your last boyfriend beat you doesn't mean the next one will.

Unless that's just naturally the type you're attracted to.

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Or this 

One interpretation:  KA has learned how to "play" Terry and Kim and in return they've turned the keys over to him.  One thing they tell you in management classes is to build a healthy organization, accept blame for the mistakes and praise others for the successes.  He might be marching to his own drummer with respect to hockey moves, but he gives full credit to Terry and Kim when the moves are successful to make them feel like good, smart hockey owners. 

He blows smoke up their ***** and in return they let him run the team the way he likes.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

One interpretation:  KA has learned how to "play" Terry and Kim and in return they've turned the keys over to him.  One thing they tell you in management classes is to build a healthy organization, accept blame for the mistakes and praise others for the successes.  He might be marching to his own drummer with respect to hockey moves, but he gives full credit to Terry and Kim when the moves are successful to make them feel like good, smart hockey owners. 

He blows smoke up their ***** and in return they let him run the team the way he likes.

Irish Diplomacy I like it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Perhaps....wondering if it also supports what we've been saying a long time....that there is no POHO role in the works and that GMKA is in charge.

34 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Taking Power (or promising to take Power) would help our negotiations with FA goaltenders this offseason.  

If a UFA goalie is using that as a gage, I don't want that goalie anywhere near my team. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Perhaps....wondering if it also supports what we've been saying a long time....that there is no POHO role in the works and that GMKA is in charge.

Pegula is the GM, Adams is his vessel. Our hope is that Karmanos was a stroke of luck and he turns out to bring ideas to the table born of the experience that he alone has among the management team. 

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

How can he speak towards mending the disconnect with the fans yet so badly misread the room here?

I suspect the most disaffected Sabres fans are the ones who post here.

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

First overall?

Yes! YES! YYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4782597

giphy.gif

.....sorry?

Wrong thread?

Best post in the thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

If the choices are post emo posts here or kick the dog, he should post here.

(There's an ignore feature if he gets on your nerves too much.)

Really don't want to ignore. I'm sure he has a lot to offer here but the bashing of the owners and management has reached a level of just constant finding fault with anything and everything. Having said that I've been very critical of ownership myself.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I suspect the most disaffected Sabres fans are the ones who post here.

Best post in the thread.

I'd say the online community at large. But to your point, there's every chance the casual fan feels different. 

We'll have to see if we can find any at the arena next year, and we can ask 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I cannot fathom being as negative as you about everything. I hope in real life you have some joy.

This post brings me joy. I do enjoy dark humor.  This made me lol.  

You’d be surprised how affable I am in person.  A few posters know me IRL.  I hope they can corroborate.  Like liger said, this team has sucked the soul out of us.  This past Bills season was by far and I mean by far the most enjoyable, entertaining, fun thing to happen to me in a very long time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Everything that everyone has reported has indicated the Pegulas have zero interest in a PHO.  

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Taking Power (or promising to take Power) would help our negotiations with FA goaltenders this offseason.  

I highly doubt that.  We don’t even know if he is going to be good.  FA goalies will be interested in $, term, location, and players who are actually good NHLers now.

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

Everything that everyone has reported has indicated the Pegulas have zero interest in a PHO.  

They want direct access to Adams. The best outcome maybe another really seasoned GM is brought in and it is a 3 headed monster with Adams being the mouthpiece/ direct link to the Pegulas while Karmanos and the other GM do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If a UFA goalie is using that as a gage, I don't want that goalie anywhere near my team. 

I'm just saying there's a lot of factors a FA has to weigh when picking one team against another. Having a 6'5" 215lb 1st overall would be part of the sales pitch, but obviously not the only factor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.