Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

How? I copy+paste image and it's a png. I save and download it, try and upload, and it's over the max size

It's really, really difficult to find gifs on the google that come in under the max size on here. Gotta try finding them in the auto gif feature

19 minutes ago, NAF said:

Saw this idea elsewhere:

Would you trade 1OA to Seattle in exchange for 2OA and the condition that they select Okposo?

I probably would. I don't trust the organization to make the correct choice between Power and Beniers. Not only would this trade rid us of Okposo, but it makes the decision between the two far easier -- just select the remaining player at 2OA.

switch okposo for skinner and there might be something here... 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

How? I copy+paste image and it's a png. I save and download it, try and upload, and it's over the max size

no one has ever been able to do that. The only way to upload images is to download it to your computer and then click add files or you can do what I did which is press the gif button in the formatting bar and then choose one of the gifs there.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

It's really, really difficult to find gifs on the google that come in under the max size on here. Gotta try finding them in the auto gif feature

That’s why we have the limit. People really don’t understand image file sizes. No one wants people to be downloading 5 MB photos in their feeds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

no one has ever been able to do that. The only way to upload images is to download it to your computer and then click add files or you can do what I did which is press the gif button in the formatting bar and then choose one of the gifs there.

That’s why we have the limit. People really don’t understand image file sizes. No one wants people to be downloading 5 MB photos in their feeds.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

In seriousness that injury probably ends the Beniers-to-Buffalo idea. In my estimation there would have to be quite a bit of separation in their minds between Beniers and the next guy to overlook this as a contributing factor to uncertainty, and picking at 1, I don't think that'll be the case

You can pick anyone any you take the guy with a broken ankle? Don't see it. 

Unfortunate for the kid. Really, really hope he heals up perfectly in quick and speedy fashion 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Zamboni said:

IF it’s a simple ankle sprain, I bet that doesn’t deter any team from taking him in the top three. Nor should it. If it’s severe and needs several months of rest or A break or tear, THEN I can see that affecting his draft position.

Just like Peyton Krebs

13 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Reading comments on the YouTube video of the lottery.  Quite a few people predicting the first overall pick pulls a Lindros.  I doubt that happens but it’s interesting to think how that plays out.

That's fine.  How did the team who traded Lindros away do?

13 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

He is one creepy looking m'fer

He just really needs him some Hair Club For Men.

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

In seriousness that injury probably ends the Beniers-to-Buffalo idea. In my estimation there would have to be quite a bit of separation in their minds between Beniers and the next guy to overlook this as a contributing factor to uncertainty, and picking at 1, I don't think that'll be the case

You can pick anyone any you take the guy with a broken ankle? Don't see it. 

Unfortunate for the kid. Really, really hope he heals up perfectly in quick and speedy fashion 

giphy.webp

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Did he fall or go where as expected more less?*

*I'd add there's a much less likelihood of that happening from that 1 spot, if that's the case

He fell.  Was expected to go in, I’ll say, 6-12ish range.  Suffered semi serious injury towards end of draft year, and fell to 17, I think.  Recovered and played awesome.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

He fell.  Was expected to go in, I’ll say, 6-12ish range.  Suffered semi serious injury towards end of draft year, and fell to 17, I think.  Recovered and played awesome.

Thanks. Ya, I expect (and certainly hope) this injury has zero affect on Beniers long term. I'd be quite surprised if he goes 1OA, though.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Thanks. Ya, I expect (and certainly hope) this injury has zero affect on Beniers long term. I'd be quite surprised if he goes 1OA, though.

While he might end up playing in 2021-2022, I don't think his impact is going to be tremendous to drive a team through the playoffs or something.  If there's no long term effects, its meaningless as he's only 18.

1 minute ago, Drag0nDan said:

While he might end up playing in 2021-2022, I don't think his impact is going to be tremendous to drive a team through the playoffs or something.  If there's no long term effects, its meaningless as he's only 18.

If Beniers is healthy before the time the selection is made, sure. My thinking is that if there's even a level of uncertainty, he wouldn't go 1, unless there was a pretty big separation to begin with, in their minds

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.