Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

12 hours ago, Radar said:

Maybe you need to reevaluate why you want to hang around. Seems like you're putting yourself through too much emotional energy.

If the choices are post emo posts here or kick the dog, he should post here.

(There's an ignore feature if he gets on your nerves too much.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Because some of us don’t trust the team to get it right.  

A lot of us are throwing picks around already.  Let's see who is and isn't moved in the offseason.  And the chances they'll get the pick right didn't change with their selection as the #1 picker.  Not sure why winning the 1OA would be the source of such angst.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

A lot of us are throwing picks around already.  Let's see who is and isn't moved in the offseason.  And the chances they'll get the pick right didn't change with their selection as the #1 picker.  Not sure why winning the 1OA would be the source of such angst.

Because I have reservations about Owen Power, who they will almost certainly take.  If they take another player, I fully expect a decade of certain posters reminding everyone who they KNEW was going to be a better prospect. 

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If Eichel is traded Anaheim with the 3rd Pick or LAK with the 8th Pick can bring a defenseman whose drop off from Power will not be significant. 

Granato had this team playing much better and over a full season they probably finish in the 25-30 range and end up drafting 8th the next two years, missing

Kill me now. 

And yes, LA having the 8th pick practically guarantees the Sabres get it 

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I'm of a mind that Adams has long desired Beniers; he's a poster child for Adams hockey.

The "Sabres gonna Sabre" eruption on the internet if he takes him at #1 will be hard to take.

I am convinced the Beniers will be a very good hockey player, the question is will it be Drury or Bergeron.

Not sure if Power will be more Aaron Ekblad/Alex Pietrangelo in stature than Eric Johnson/Eric Gudbranson. Not sure if I trust the Sabres scouts to make that call.

The reaction will be much worse online if Power is the selection, at least among Sabres backers. Twitter was not happy last night - this is the first time I've seen fans truly push that boundary of negative reaction - the fans are clearly, finally in "show me something" mode. Except for the ones touting a rebuild I guess

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

So just for my own clarification, the package would look something like the below right?

Eichel

1st Overall (Power)

for

Zegras

Comtois

Gibson

3rd overall (Beniers?)

Can someone tell me how to feel?

Horrified 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Srw1525 said:

And just our luck. Get the #1 with no clear #1. Regardless who goes, even in the top 5, are still few years away from NHL ready. 

wrong  Power and Beniers are both proving at the worlds they could play in the NHL this season and contribute.

I would want both to go back to Michigan and sign after their NCAA season is over

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Colin Miller, the worst Sabres defenseman not named Matt Irwin, is on team Canada.  I’m not sure how impressed I should be that a highly rated prospect, is better than him.  

I cannot fathom being as negative as you about everything. I hope in real life you have some joy.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I cannot fathom being as negative as you about everything. I hope in real life you have some joy.

When it comes to the Sabres, the decade we've been through leads to situations where a lot of people end up mistaking "realism" for "negativity".

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Why don't we just have an old fashioned avatar bet with @LGR4GM with Beniers, @Buffalonill takes Guenther and @pi2000 takes Power and see who wins. It will make some of the back and forth from those guys worth the constant rehash of their views.

Personally after the Quinn pick last year instead of Rossi it wouldn't surprise me if Adams takes Mason McTavish with the 1st pick this year. What I suspect will happen from the Adams interview yesterday was Jack is all but gone already and whoever we get in return will answer who we pick in the draft. As for getting Beniers with an Anaheim trade, I don't think he'll last to #3.

Yes 

Saw this idea elsewhere:

Would you trade 1OA to Seattle in exchange for 2OA and the condition that they select Okposo?

I probably would. I don't trust the organization to make the correct choice between Power and Beniers. Not only would this trade rid us of Okposo, but it makes the decision between the two far easier -- just select the remaining player at 2OA.

3 minutes ago, NAF said:

Saw this idea elsewhere:

Would you trade 1OA to Seattle in exchange for 2OA and the condition that they select Okposo?

I probably would. I don't trust the organization to make the correct choice between Power and Beniers. Not only would this trade rid us of Okposo, but it makes the decision between the two far easier -- just select the remaining player at 2OA.

Is cap room even an issue at this point?  Okposo also had 10 points in his last 15 games after getting off the eakin black hole line - before matt irwin blasted a slapper off his face.

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

So just for my own clarification, the package would look something like the below right?

Eichel

1st Overall (Power)

for

Zegras

Comtois

Gibson

3rd overall (Beniers?)

Can someone tell me how to feel?

In this trade, there is no way the Ducks are trading for Eichel and moving Gibson.  Trading for Eichel would mean trying to compete much quicker which means you keep your franchise goaltender.

something like Eichel, Risto for Zegras, Comtois, #3, small add would be more realistic.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.