2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

On 5/30/2021 at 10:33 PM, 7+6=13 said:

We would not survive a game like this. 

I've been thinking about this sort of thing a lot over the last few weeks, watching 2, 3, sometimes 4 good playoff games a night.

The Sabres are so bad, so removed from being a playoff team, we haven't even had the chance to evaluate them on a playoff team basis.

There are so many players in this league who are "nice" during the regular season who disappear and are worthless in the post season.  You wonder, which players do we have? We don't really know; they haven't had the chance to show us what they can do in the face of opposition.

I think they would crumble most likely; the really successful teams have it all.  Speed, size, they are aggressive, they play tight team defense; they do it all.

It's one thing to wave a magic wand and put the Sabres in the playoffs.  It's quite another to imagine those guys winning a best of 7 series against Tampa, or the Islanders, or Boston, or Colorado.

Those are all sweeps, with us on the losing end of things.

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I think the Habs are close but not on Winnipeg's level... both have good to great goalies... just think Jets have more talent up front... that being said anything can happen. 

Oh yes I totally agree. Winnipeg should win for sure. All I'm trying to say is Montreal built themselves differently than Toronto. Less regular season success with that method, but better playoff performance. Nowhere near a true cup contender but a better base to add talent to imo. 

Watch, Ottawa is doing it right. They will challenge sooner and when they make the playoffs will be positioned for similar upsets. I'd like us to follow their model. Tear it all down and do it right. 

• Like (+1) 1

MacKinnon!!

😎

He is absolutely as advertized.  If he is not now he very soon will be the best player in the league, maybe the entire world.

Baring great tragedy I expect he will get a cup this year.

And ...

MUST WIN!!

GO HABS!!

I really do think that they have a chance against The Peg, as in a chance and not saying they will beat them, but a reasonable good chance ... sorry @Ducky and @Thorny and anyone else out there in the frozen tundra.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
what in the blazes happened there ... not goodly

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

MacKinnon!!

😎

He is absolutely as advertized.  If he is not now he very soon will be the best player in the league, maybe the entire world.

Baring great tragedy I expect he will get a cup this year.

And ...

MUST WIN!!

GO HABS!!

I really do think that they have a chance against The Peg, as in a chance and not saying they will beat them, but a reasonable good chance ... sorry @Ducky and @Thorny and anyone else out there in the frozen tundra.

I think they have a very good chance of winning, just not as good as the Jets.

88, 99 and 95 before the humidex up here in the frozen tundra the next 3 days...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.