Draft Lottery (June 2) Thread And Who Sabres Should Draft Thread (All in one!)

bob_sauve28

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Beniers

The Yotes can win the a drawing however in that case the NHL will merely put the balls back in and run it again.

So, actually, they CAN'T win the lottery & their balls getting selected would effectively be like the single unissued combination from the old 14 team lottery getting selected.

And the Sabres 18.5% chance of winning is actually 18.97%. 😉

• bob_sauve28 changed the title to Draft Lottery (June 2) Thread And Who Sabres Should Draft Thread (All in one!)
3 hours ago, Hank said:

I offer the 1OA and Jack to LA for Byfield, Turcotte and Kaliyev

No, but I wouldn't be adverse to working something out that swaps 1st rounders in the details. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

and what else? because you are only about half way there

I agree it's not adequate, but you're dreaming if you think that is only half an Eichel trade. 

Byfield Turcotte Kaliyev and their 1st might be about all you can expect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, but I wouldn't be adverse to working something out that swaps 1st rounders in the details. 

I agree it's not adequate, but you're dreaming if you think that is only half an Eichel trade. 

If that’s the return, you run with it

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

So, wtf did Bleacher Report get the odds listed in the OP?

Just about every %age of winning is off.

Maybe they used the old odds with only 15 teams in the lottery? 

He included our first round pick in that deal so no I'm on point. 

For Eichel alone, what you propose is logical. 

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So the most likely spot we pick is 3rd, right? If so, we'll come away with a player like Eklund or Guenther most likely looks like

Or Beniers or Clarke or Hughes or Edvinsson (who isn't in my top 15)

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He included our first round pick in that deal so no I'm on point. 

For Eichel alone, what you propose is logical. 

Or Beniers or Clarke or Hughes or Edvinsson (who isn't in my top 15)

My guess is Power and Beniers go top 2

Edited by Thorny

Agree.  That’s probably more than you can expect.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, wtf did Bleacher Report get the odds listed in the OP?

Just about every %age of winning is off.

Yeah, they changed the distribution of the %’s.  Took some away from the top 5 teams and distributed it across the rest.

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So the most likely spot we pick is 3rd, right? If so, we'll come away with a player like Eklund or Guenther most likely looks like

Yeah, something like a 70% chance of it being #3.

• Thanks (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t think Beniers is close to a lock of going top 2.  In Bob McKenzie’s midseason scouts poll, Beniers was ranked 4th behind Power, Guenther, Edvinsson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/owen-power-the-unanimous-no-1-in-tsn-s-mid-season-draft-rankings-1.1626057%3ftsn-amp

Edited by Curt

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t think Beniers is close to a lick of going top 2.  In Bob McKenzie’s midseason scouts poll, Beniers was ranked 4th behind Power, Guenther, Edvinsson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/owen-power-the-unanimous-no-1-in-tsn-s-mid-season-draft-rankings-1.1626057%3ftsn-amp

And on Craig buttons last ranking he was 5th. I don't think anyone is a lock in this draft. 

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They could

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And on Craig buttons last ranking he was 5th. I don't think anyone is a lock in this draft. 

I think that's definitely true. Teams at the top will probably shuffle those 5 or so players into their own rankings based on their need and how they see them fitting into whatever style it is they want to build. Hard to say which of them will emerge as the best. 

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I know people enjoy this stuff, but man, I couldn't possibly care less. No offense 😂

There’s nothing wrong with not watching, caring or reading about hockey players until they get drafted. Everyone is different…. 

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

There’s nothing wrong with not watching, caring or reading about hockey players until they get drafted. Everyone is different…. 

It's not that.  We've been worshipping the draft for almost 10 years now. 

To quote the late, great BB King, the thrill is gone.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

It's not that.  We've been worshipping the draft for almost 10 years now. 

To quote the late, great BB King, the thrill is gone.

I did not take that comment that way. Some people enjoy following kids in the draft no matter what the year no matter what the situation is with the Sabres no matter what is going on in the world of hockey. It’s some thing that some people like to do. Enjoying hockey on that level. They like to follow kids coming up in the draft. Heck, some hockey fans follow kids on teams from the age of 15.

and some hockey fans, only follow kids after they get drafted by a professional hockey team.

and some fans only care about or follow players when they make the NHL full-time.

like I said everyone’s different. No big deal.

on the related topic like you’re mentioning… I can absolutely see the thrill being gone, or it being too exhausting to follow for some fans who at one time did follow kids about to be drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably not the right thread, but the above Kings trade idea may not be so laughable. TSN has already reported that Byfield is a non-starter. I think for a fair trade to occur, but sides need to feel some pain. It’s gotta hurt.

1OA this year has no consensus and likely won’t be a contributor for 2-3 years (and it possible, may never be). We’re trading away a guy who’s elite when healthy, but also has a solid injury history. There’s risk there. And I didn’t even get into the “malcontent” stuff. Coming back are 3 players who are farther along than this year’s 1OA and very likely will be very good NHL players, plus Byfield has 1C potential. If anything, maybe the Kings throw us a 2nd rounder or condition 1st next year. 

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Probably not the right thread, but the above Kings trade idea may not be so laughable. TSN has already reported that Byfield is a non-starter. I think for a fair trade to occur, but sides need to feel some pain. It’s gotta hurt.

1OA this year has no consensus and likely won’t be a contributor for 2-3 years (and it possible, may never be). We’re trading away a guy who’s elite when healthy, but also has a solid injury history. There’s risk there. And I didn’t even get into the “malcontent” stuff. Coming back are 3 players who are farther along than this year’s 1OA and very likely will be very good NHL players, plus Byfield has 1C potential. If anything, maybe the Kings throw us a 2nd rounder or condition 1st next year. 

TSN doesn’t know that Byfield is a non starter, they are guessing.  And if he is then there is no deal with L.A.  In what world do you trade a franchise 24 year old centre plus the first overall pick for a centre prospect. My God that is just beyond awful.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

TSN doesn’t know that Byfield is a non starter, they are guessing.  And if he is then there is no deal with L.A.  In what world do you trade a franchise 24 year old centre plus the first overall pick for a centre prospect. My God that is just beyond awful.

A center prospect, plus 2 other decent prospects (ages 19 and 20). All of which will likely contribute on the Sabres roster before this year’s 1OA does. TSN’s Seravalli was the one who first reported the Kings interest. So, if Byfield is off limits, then this is all moot. Cross the Kings of the list and we just lost a great trading partner. However, if this is posturing and it may take more to pry him out, then it’ll take us adding to the trade. 

I just think that as Sabres fans, we always overvalue our players and suggest potential trades that would never happen in real life. 

Edited by kas23

6 minutes ago, kas23 said:

A center prospect, plus 2 other decent prospects (ages 19 and 20). All of which will likely contribute on the Sabres roster before this year’s 1OA does. TSN’s Seravalli was the one who first reported the Kings interest. So, if Byfield is off limits, then this is all moot. Cross the Kings of the list and we just lost a great trading partner. However, if this is posturing and it may take more to pry him out, then it’ll take us adding to the trade. 

I just think that as Sabres fans, we always overvalue our players and suggest potential trades that would never happen in real life. 

Sabres are not going to package the #1 pick with Eichel.  Just the optics of it make it almost sure to be out of the question.  It would be just such a weird weird thing to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.