Draft Lottery (June 2) Thread And Who Sabres Should Draft Thread (All in one!)

bob_sauve28

Have to say, watching a bit of Powers, I will no longer be upset if the Sabres draft him

yes, it will eventually cause a logjam at LHD but having Dahlin and Powers on the ice 45 mins per game may not be the worst thing in the world. 
if he’s the BPA. Take him.  Figure out the line-up later 

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Crusader1969 said:

Have to say, watching a bit of Powers, I will no longer be upset if the Sabres draft him

yes, it will eventually cause a logjam at LHD but having Dahlin and Powers on the ice 45 mins per game may not be the worst thing in the world. 
if he’s the BPA. Take him.  Figure out the line-up later 

I’m glad he is getting a last chance to show his stuff.  Michigan wouldn’t let him go to the WJCs (he must of been thrilled watching Beniers play for U.S.) and then Michigan gets pulled from the Frozen Four at the last second for Covid.  Those would have been two huge stages to see him play.

This is a year when no one knows who the right pick is. Everyone has their opinion but they don’t know.  If Buffalo gets 1st pick I have no problem with Power.  

On 5/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, LGR4GM said:

No LA needs to add and add a lot

Put together a fair deal to LA for Jack that would be reasonable for them and for us. 

Put together a fair dal to NYR for Jack that would be reasonable for them and for us. 

Does a trade with NYR for Jack that gives us a return of Kakko, Lafreniere and K'andre Miller make sense for us? 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Put together a fair deal to LA for Jack that would be reasonable for them and for us. 

Put together a fair dal to NYR for Jack that would be reasonable for them and for us. 

Does a trade with NYR for Jack that gives us a return of Kakko, Lafreniere and K'andre Miller make sense for us? 

Most Ranger fans I’ve seen said all 3 are untouchable.  😅

21 minutes ago, Weave said:

Under nearly all other circumstances so is Jack.  Untouchable is relative to the return.

Yep. We basically told the NYR Jack was untouchable as well. Untouchable players only need to be dealt for other untouchable players. If they say a player is “untouchable”, then you say Jack is as well and you politely end the phone call, which is what Adams did to them in the past. 

15 hours ago, JohnC said:

yes that trade to Rangers makes sense for us but would never happen from their standpoint

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

yes that trade to Rangers makes sense for us but would never happen from their standpoint

I respectfully disagree that it is an uneven deal from the Ranger standpoint. In the exchange the Rangers not only get the best player in the transaction but they also get a top 10-12 player in the league. The three young players we get certainly have a lot of potential but it should be noted that the Rangers have a loaded prospect pool in their system and be able in short order make up for the departed players. 

If you want to buy something grand you don't open up the purse containing your coins. Rather you go to your wallet holding the highly denominated dollars. 

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Cozens, Mitts, Samson, potentially Beniers.   They would have a ton of cap space to sign or trade for a stopgap Center if they trade Samson as well

Remember the last time we tried replacing a number one centre .

That was fun.

All those guys are 2's and 3's.

-If you trade jack you get Zegras or Byfield 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Remember the last time we tried replacing a number one centre .

That was fun.

All those guys are 2's and 3's.

-If you trade jack you get Zegras or Byfield 

I dont agree about Cozens nor Beniers not eventually having the potential to be a #1  

Of course, they don't have Beniers yet  though in general i don't disagree, ideally they get back a centre.  

But Kakko, Lafreniere and K'andre Miller would be a tough deal for the Kings or Ducks to beat,   

My feeling is that the Rangers trade is completely Pie in The Sky..the actually deal would be much less

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

I dont agree about Cozens nor Beniers not eventually having the potential to be a #1  

Of course, they don't have Beniers yet  though in general i don't disagree, ideally they get back a centre.  

But Kakko, Lafreniere and K'andre Miller would be a tough deal for the Kings or Ducks to beat,   

My feeling is that the Rangers trade is completely Pie in The Sky..the actually deal would be much less

The Kings can easily beat the Rangers deal. 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I do like those three players.

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I would like someone to explain to me the hype on Kakko hes not good.

Well, so far he’s better than Dylan Cozens and Trevor Zegras.

Power forwards tend to develop more slowly, yet he is the leading goal scorer and 2nd leading point scorer from his draft class. His career numbers aren’t out of line with Jarome Iginla’s at the same age.

He’s skilled and he’s good.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Well, so far he’s better than Dylan Cozens and Trevor Zegras.

Power forwards tend to develop more slowly, yet he is the leading goal scorer and 2nd leading point scorer from his draft class. His career numbers aren’t out of line with Jarome Iginla’s at the same age.

He’s skilled and he’s good.

Thats beacuse he started our earlier.

Those players you named will all out produce him and many more 

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think people just look at his 2nd overall grade and think "superstar"

Who thinks Kakko is going to be a superstar?

Landeskog, Reinhart... isn’t that more his general expectation?

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.