Jack Eichel Presser on Monday 5-10-21

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Who cares if it is?  I don't care about sides.  

The point is losing Eichel over this type of disagreement is ridiculous.  The front office should be able to handle these situations in their sleep, but they keep falling down.

Find a GM who is skilled and experienced in handling player issues, so the team does have to keep needlessly shedding top line talent.

If Jack is traded, it’s not going to be because of a disagreement about his injury.  It perhaps played a part in the story, but it is just one event in the overarching plot line.

He has obviously been unhappy with the organization for quite some time, before KA even took over, and that is going to bleed into all other aspects of how they interact with each other.  The relationship is fractured.  He doesn’t trust the organization.  That was probably the case before he was even injured.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Whether he needs surgery or not is irrelevant.

I want a GM who can facilitate a discussion with the 24 year old and the physicians and NEGOTIATE a resolution that all parties can agree to.

The problem with the Sabres the last 10 years is they have had a bunch of inexperienced GMs who couldn't manage all the BS that happens in the locker room.

Adams is just the latest in a long line of the incompetent Sabre GMs who could not manage off-ice issues.

The way the CBA reads the team Dr's opinion trumps 2nd & 3rd opinions.  It seems that the team Dr already has his mind made up.

If Adams were more adept at the relationship side of things, maybe he could've brokered this better.  Maybe he didn't want to.  But either way, those of us who keep caring about & paying money for this #### show deserve better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Who cares if it is?  I don't care about sides.  

The point is losing Eichel over this type of disagreement is ridiculous.  The front office should be able to handle these situations in their sleep, but they keep falling down.

Find a GM who is skilled and experienced in handling player issues, so the team does have to keep needlessly shedding top line talent.

You fail to even entertain the possibility that Jack could be the problem. That is possible you know?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why in the world didn't the agent do this earlier?  Wow.

The thread stating that Eichel wanted to have surgery started on April 14.  Who's to say they haven't been pushing forward behind the scenes.  It's less than 4 weeks ago.

51 minutes ago, fiftyone said:

Good post until the bolded. It's fairly naive in my opinion to think that he hasn't spent the last few months getting a variety of medical of opinions, some of which probably recommended surgery. 

There’s no evidence he has received a “variety” of medical opinions. Do you evidence otherwise? All we know is that he has received at least 1, that of the team. In likelihood, he received at least another, but this and beyond this opinion is just speculation. 

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Yeah? What happens next? He becomes a free agent. 

If it goes badly, it won't matter much if he is a free agent.  In that case, he should retire.

If I’m Jack, Sam, etc... there is NO WAY I’d want to stay here. Who would? The people that pay the price ultimately is the average Sabre fan. The rest of them (both management and players) are making 7 figures.  It’s a nice consolation prize for sucking. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

You fail to even entertain the possibility that Jack could be the problem. That is possible you know?

Jack isn't the problem, Jack HAS a problem.

A good GM should be able to solve the problem with dumping the guy who has the problem.

It's the whole baby/bathwater situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

Clarke slashed Kharlamov, Yakushev was good but not their go-to.

Yup.  I was thinking of Kharlamov, but for some reason, I thought of Yakushev.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

There’s no evidence he has received a “variety” of medical opinions. Do you evidence otherwise? All we know is that he has received at least 1, that of the team. In likelihood, he received at least another, but this and beyond this opinion is just speculation. 

You HONESTLY think a professional athlete entering his prime that nominally makes 8 figures/ season has only recieved ONE opinion on how best to recover from this injury?

He has said he's received several opinions the past couple of months.  There is no reason to believe a statement such as that is a lie.

No offense meant, but on a day full of bad takes, this one takes the cake.

• Like (+1) 1

I tried to catch up and I read most of the thread.  

Sounds like Eichel is making the “differences in opinion” on the surgery a bigger issue than it needs to be to force a trade.  This is likely due to an already unhappy situation.  

I don’t quite understand, would be have had the surgery already if the Sabres agreed to it as the course of action?  

Who in the Sabres organization makes that call - Adams?  Terry/Kim?    This whole this is ridiculous.  Players get hurt and have major surgery all the time on every team.  The inexperience of this front office (Adams, Terry/Kim) is just killing this team. 

Can the FO be this inept or does he just want out?  

Our problem now is how to get a good deal if he is perceived to be damaged.  

Edited by Pimlach

1)  I can’t believe there are still folks on this board who continue to pay for the product.  I get that there are traditions, you like seeing your friends and reliving old times, etc., but come on - go to a bar.  Coming here to complain and then digging in about “never canceling my seasons” is idiocy at its highest.  Vote with your pocket book or honestly, shut up.

2)  I’d like to formally apologize to PA and change my vote in the “is Kim Pegula qualified?” thread

3)  Remeber: one thing, and only one thing, motivates the Pegulas to act: getting embarrassed.  Expect action.

4)  All of that said, Jack Eichel is, and always has been, a little bitch.

• Like (+1) 2

If he doesn’t want to be here then just trade him. He isn’t a captain and is the common denominator the past 5, terrible years. He will probably have a nice career wearing the A somewhere, but it’s just not happening here. I won’t miss his “look to the rafters when things aren’t going well” or his pouty pressers. See ya.

Edited by kma0043
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

1)  I can’t believe there are still folks on this board who continue to pay for the product.  I get that there are traditions, you like seeing your friends and reliving old times, etc., but come on - go to a bar.  Coming here to complain and then digging in about “never canceling my seasons” is idiocy at its highest.  Vote with your pocket book or honestly, shut up.

2)  I’d like to formally apologize to PA and change my vote in the “is Kim Pegula qualified?” thread

3)  Remeber: one thing, and only one thing, motivates the Pegulas to act: getting embarrassed.  Expect action.

4)  All of that said, Jack Eichel is, and always has been, a little bitch.

The director's cut of Wrath of Khan kinda loses something, if you ask me

1 minute ago, kma0043 said:

If he doesn’t want to be here then just trade him. He isn’t a captain and is the common denominator the past 5, terrible years. He will probably have a nice career wearing the A somewhere, but it’s just not happening here. I won’t miss his “look to the rafters when things aren’t going well” or his pouty pressers. See ya.

You are going to have to bump that timeframe back a bit, and find a larger common denominator. Jack only got here about half way through 

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The thread stating that Eichel wanted to have surgery started on April 14.  Who's to say they haven't been pushing forward behind the scenes.  It's less than 4 weeks ago.

Fair enough, but that's our thread, without people in the know.  People in the know includes Jack in this situation.  Seriously it seems like something he should and could have pushed for earlier, but, you know, I'm not going to make a meal out of it.  I'll just let it go for now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.