Reinhart's demeanor today

nfreeman

Well, Reino didn't seem any happier IMHO last night, even with a hattie and leading the team to a win over the Bruins -- and if he was interviewed after the game, they didn't show it on the MSG post-game show and it's not on the Sabres' website.

Again -- my point here is not that his demeanor is bad for the team -- it's that I'm concerned that he's counting the days until he gets TF off this team.

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Reino didn't seem any happier IMHO last night, even with a hattie and leading the team to a win over the Bruins -- and if he was interviewed after the game, they didn't show it on the MSG post-game show and it's not on the Sabres' website.

Again -- my point here is not that his demeanor is bad for the team -- it's that I'm concerned that he's counting the days until he gets TF off this team.

I thought he seemed like Reinhart.

A fist pump, an acknowledgement of the guys, and back to business.

Again, not dismissing your overarching point - I’ve thought he is gone since he signed his one-year deal - but I see no evidence that it’s affected his game, or his on-ice behaviour.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:25 AM, Radar said:

Could care less about the demeanor. Care a lot about performance. Actually I don't care much about athletes other than performance. L

So you could care even less about his demeanor? Damn...

(sorry I had to 😂)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So you could care even less about his demeanor? Damn...

(sorry I had to 😂)

Couldn't, couldn't, couldn't now go write it ten times on the blackboard and go directly to the corner.😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Reinhart was great today, he was engaged, winning pucks, winning faceoffs, back checking, seemed like he actually gave a damn.... might be the best game I've ever seen him play.   

That said, why does he only play like this once every dozen games or so?

19 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Reinhart was great today, he was engaged, winning pucks, winning faceoffs, back checking, seemed like he actually gave a damn.... might be the best game I've ever seen him play.   

C’mon.  He was very good against the Bruins.

20 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Ask Drew Stafford. 

On 4/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, dudacek said:

I thought he seemed like Reinhart.

A fist pump, an acknowledgement of the guys, and back to business.

Again, not dismissing your overarching point - I’ve thought he is gone since he signed his one-year deal - but I see no evidence that it’s affected his game, or his on-ice behaviour.

Bergeron is similar doesnt smile a whole lot

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He plays like that every game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"Reinhart can't score without Eichel!"

...Reinhart proceeds to score a bunch without Eichel. 

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's "he can't win faceoffs" and "he falls down" now.

Keep up.

(89% on faceoffs last night)

That’s why I don’t take those posters seriously. At all. On some subjects they might be knowledgeable. But on others especially pertaining to Reinhart, it’s pure ignorance mixed with site allowed trolling/flaming. It’s a shame some still engage with them on that subject matter. Reinhart lives rent free in some heads 😂

I don’t find it to be a regrettable act, if the Sabres sign him for 6 - 7 years at 6.5 - 7.00 per. Like The Skinner signing was/is regrettable. And some like to think Eichel is the best passer on the team… granted it’s close… But I think Reinhart is the better passer. In fact I don’t think it’s wrong to say he’s the best passer on the Sabres right now. Followed very closely by Eichel, then Dahlin. All three excel at seeing the Ice very well and puck placement on sticks.

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It's "he can't win faceoffs" and "he falls down" now.

Keep up.

(89% on faceoffs last night)

That's pretty good. I bet it really helped the team win the game. I would expect Reinhart to get slowly better at faceoffs as he is forced to re-learn how to take them.

41 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

That’s why I don’t take those posters seriously. At all. On some subjects they might be knowledgeable. But on others especially pertaining to Reinhart, it’s pure ignorance mixed with site allowed trolling/flaming. It’s a shame some still engage with them on that subject matter. Reinhart lives rent free in some heads 😂

I don’t find it to be a regrettable act, if the Sabres sign him for 6 - 7 years at 6.5 - 7.00 per. Like The Skinner signing was/is regrettable. And some like to think Eichel is the best passer on the team… granted it’s close… But I think Reinhart is the better passer. In fact I don’t think it’s wrong to say he’s the best passer on the Sabres right now. Followed very closely by Eichel, then Dahlin. All three excel at seeing the Ice very well and puck placement on sticks.

Crazy thoughts, Reinhart has a better shot than Eichel. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

"Reinhart can't score without Eichel!"

...Reinhart proceeds to score a bunch without Eichel. 

I feel like all praise of current players should have a clear disclaimer: *In games that are objectively less meaningful than preseason games

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Honestly, you should get a warning point for the bolded. To suggest that those you disagree with are ignorant or are trolls/flamers (?) is wrong. Criticism of Reinhart is not so objectively heinous. Folks aren't saying Hasek sucked.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel like all praise of current players should have a clear disclaimer: *In games that are objectively less meaningful than preseason games

Honestly, you should get a warning point for the bolded. To suggest that those you disagree with are ignorant or are trolls/flamers (?) is wrong. Criticism of Reinhart is not so objectively heinous. Folks aren't saying Hasek sucked.

Honestly you took that wrong. I’m not talking about the one to disagree. There’s a distinct difference. 

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

My concern is which guy are you signing long term?

The one here from two games ago....

20210425-125920.gif

Or the guy from last game who looked fully engaged in every aspect of the game?

The one from two games ago scored a hat trick.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.