Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Nope, I haven’t. But if people so much as even named the current or former president, irregardless of context, it would be rightfully interpreted as bringing up politics. This is no different. Actually it’s much worse but I think you get my point. 

I don’t bring up religion around here, but I sure do have to defend Him every now and then. People unanimously don’t like these talks here, so others probably shouldn’t bring it up. 

let it go vh1 GIF

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

It wasn’t a religious reference.  It was a reference to a character (a league bowler named Jesus) in a film scene.

Please tell me you understand if someone uses the name Jesus, a religious implication is automatic.  

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

The J is silent. Well silent or pronounced as h. Its spanish. And a great movie. 

Actually in the movie it's pronounced Jee-zus, both by John Goodman character and the John Turturo character (who pronounces his character's name the English way, not the Spanish way).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s a relatively common given name.

It's a common given name in hispanic circles, pronounced "Hay-suce" (spelled phonetically).  But it's not pronounced that way in the movie.  As an aside, all the people with that name I know personally here in Texas go by "Jessy" (the way most Roberts answer to Bob).

Edited by Doohickie

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Actually in the movie it's pronounced Jee-zus, both by John Goodman character and the John Turturo character (who pronounces his character's name the English way, not the Spanish way).

Yeah that was the joke. But we know how its pronounced in spanish. Yesterday I gave my name in Starbucks as Jorge. The barista called it as its pronounced in Spanish. In Peru  I made the mistake of calling a llama a llama and was promptly told its pronounced yama. I’m bad at languages.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Curt said:

It’s a relatively common given name.

Ah yes.  I was having a discussion with friends about great hockey players.  One buddy told me the list has to have Wayne on it.  I said it goes without saying Gretzky is number one.  He said Gretzky, I’m talking about Primeau.  Not all Jesus and Wayne’s are the same. 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Can the media stop trying to make Eichel to the Rangers happen; it's so bloody aggravating 

You'd think they'd have their hands full with Mormon Mahomes and Daniel Jones getting stomped at the bottom of a pile during training camp fights