Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Isn't rossi the guy that missed the whole season with severe covid? Adding Fiala and EE would basically give the sabres a brand new top six line, and they're both still young and growing and very good. I mean, try to get rossi with them. But I'd take EE Fiala and Boldy over Rossi Boldy Dumba or something not named EE/Fiala pretty easy 

Rossi could have missed the entire season due to a leg amputation and I would still want him. If you are trading with Minnesota it starts with Rossi and goes from there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

As long as Rossi is involved I can make this compromise. 

Just sucks so much that Rossi was still there when we took Quinn. That decision is years from proven right/wrong, but right now it sucks

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

Just sucks so much that Rossi was still there when we took Quinn. That decision is years from proven right/wrong, but right now it sucks

We should trade for Rossi and then we don't have to worry about it! 

You are right it is years from being proven right/wrong and Rossi missed the entire season with Covid related issues. All that said, the math says Rossi is going to be a very good NHL player and Jack Quinn would need to still bridge a gap to be similar. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m sick of hearing that Adams wants 5 or 6 pieces.  Stop with the quantity for quality trade think. 

Get a very good prospect, a top 6 forward, and one or two 1st round picks. 

1 of 6  Pieces has to be good lol

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a71f6e195625f82f3

Just now, Buffalonill said:

1 /6  Pieces has to be good lol

More chances than 1/3

Just now, Buffalonill said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a71f6e195625f82f3

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m sick of hearing that Adams wants 5 or 6 pieces.  Stop with the quantity for quality trade think. 

Get a very good prospect, a top 6 forward, and one or two 1st round picks. 

Agree. We need at least a top six forward and top tier prospect  and a first round pick as well.After that's filled upgrade goalkeeper. I'm holding out hope they can re-sign Rhino. Not against using Risto+ to get more scoring and goalkeeper. Maybe VO in a package as in my eyes he's not a top six guy.

I read a Minnesota reporter saying he thinks it is 50/50 they trade Fiala this summer so he would probably be included. Fiala+Rossi (who has big health issues himself he is overcoming)+1st+ another prospect.  They have to move Dumba or lose him to Seattle so they might want to throw him in.

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

We could actually target, ya know, good vets, though..

I get that. We could. But we also have to understand that not many are going to be happy being sent here until we start showing signs of life. I mean if you were a player (other than maybe a local boy or St. Catherines etc.) would you be happy getting traded to Buffalo, dead last team? Only guys who need ice time and career reboots (Lazar types) are going to relish the opportunity. 

KA would have to be granted permission to talk to them prior to the trade imo. No way do you want to risk trading one disgruntled superstar for a guy who doesn't want to really come here. He'd have to be absolutely sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Root for MTL. A desperate Vegas team can help us. Oh, you don't want to trade Zegras? That's too bad, looks like we have to send Jack to your stacked division rival...

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know why I read this board.

In the absence of a team, all that's left is this stuff to flow into the void.

And it's not hockey talk, really.

Fantasy owner and fans playing fantasy GM, coach and doctor.

Maybe time for a break.

You slogged through the worst offseason in sabres history (the 2021 nhl regular season) and are leaving just before the show starts? This is our playoffs!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Isn't rossi the guy that missed the whole season with severe covid? Adding Fiala and EE would basically give the sabres a brand new top six line, and they're both still young and growing and very good. I mean, try to get rossi with them. But I'd take EE Fiala and Boldy over Rossi Boldy Dumba or something not named EE/Fiala pretty easy 

Missed the whole year with heart inflammation due to Covid!

I will not be happy to see Jack leave, we will not get a player his level back.   Even more so I will hate to see Samson go.  

But I do want Zegras or Byfield level prospect coming back in a trade.   And I would prefer Zegras the most.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I will not be happy to see Jack leave, we will not get a player his level back.   Even more so I will hate to see Samson go.  

But I do want Zegras or Byfield level prospect coming back in a trade.   And I would prefer Zegras the most.

If we don't get any of this level i will be doing this when I visit. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Zegras same Byfield

Rossi

Krebs 

Zegras is similar to Mitts before this team tried to destroy him: skilled, WJC mvp, decent college year.  Not saying they are the same player but it is funny they were on similar paths before Buffalo development hell happened for Mitts.

Byfield has the biggest natural upside as a power centre but it will be if he gets there.  Rossi and Krebs are two way centres that can excel all over the ice. I would say Rossi is flashier, Krebs more workman like, both effective. Zegras has a sex appeal to his game but I don’t know how strong him Byfield will be defensively.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Another small detail, a return for Eichel that includes Roster Players might convince Reinhart that a long term extension with the Sabres is a good idea, as it wouldn’t be a full rebuild 

I’m done bowing to players.  If Sam wants to be here great.  I’m not making him the priority of a Jack Eichel trade. If I’m trading the whale I’m getting the best return possible.  Be that futures or present players IMO.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

All of this.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Ain't happening...  Ducks are not trading Zegras nor is LA trading Byfield.

The return for Eichel will include picks, 2 tops prospects (sans Zegras/Byfield) and roster player(s).

So long as Buffalo is holding out hope for either of those players, Eichel will remain a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's an assist machine who is responsible defensively. 1C seems about right depending on his wingers (looking at you Jack Quinn). 

It's about the same level of what you are getting from Anaheim without Zegras involved. 

Zegras or Krebs? 

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Oh hell yeah.  There is no reason for KA to go into this writing off next season.  ***** some theoretical timeline.  Get players that will turn the team into KAs vision.  Make this ***** work tomorrow, not at some future date.

Word. 

25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Ain't happening...  Ducks are not trading Zegras nor is LA trading Byfield.

The return for Eichel will include picks, 2 tops prospects (sans Zegras/Byfield) and roster player(s).

So long as Buffalo is holding out hope for either of those players, Eichel will remain a Sabre.

This is correct 

Last Summer Jack would have gotten a open prospect, high pick, plus 

This year with uncertainty of His Injury and His disagreement with the team that’s not happening. 

Having Jack prove himself healthy runs the risk of Him saying His neck was re-injured and shutting it down for the season. 
Then after July 1st, 2022 he gives the two or three teams that he will play for. 

Take 3 Overall, Comtois, Perrault one another piece ans Henrique as a cap dump before Murray changes His Mind. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know why I read this board.

In the absence of a team, all that's left is this stuff to flow into the void.

And it's not hockey talk, really.

Fantasy owner and fans playing fantasy GM, coach and doctor.

Maybe time for a break.

CE7276E8-133D-48C7-A811-FEA7D1B05F73.gif.c00231aa1b4da9740b09fa0a1672ade1.gif