GDT 3/22/21 Sabres at NY Rangers 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Stads said:

I think it looked different even though the result was the same

Yeah, I actually feel a little heartened by that performance.

Still have no idea where the next win is going to come from, but at least that looked a little bit like a hockey team and not just some dudes skating around with sticks.

It was nice to have a game that didn't feel over until the very end. There was a little more jump in some of them but overall the same type of mistakes and the same problems. 

I enjoyed Thompson almost fighting. Good to see. Now throw a body check once in a while okay Tage? Use that body. 

As much as I love Cozens I am worried that we are going to break him like we do with so many youngsters. He shouldn't be on the top line (yet). 

Seemed to be a little more life and communication on the bench. That was good too. 

• Like (+1) 2

40-19 SOG in favor of Rangers.  You don’t need analytics to tell you what happened. 

I think they are doing some things better tonight with Granato, but clearly they play knowing they will lose.  They just don’t come up big.  

Taylor Hall is a major disappointment.  Especially with Eichel out.   Hall brings nothing.  I hope and pray we don’t sign him, please trade him.  Please  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

It was nice to have a game that didn't feel over until the very end. There was a little more jump in some of them but overall the same type of mistakes and the same problems. 

I enjoyed Thompson almost fighting. Good to see. Now throw a body check once in a while okay Tage? Use that body. 

As much as I love Cozens I am worried that we are going to break him like we do with so many youngsters. He shouldn't be on the top line (yet). 

Seemed to be a little more life and communication on the bench. That was good too. 

Agree.

Small steps at a time and getting Ullmark and Eichel back while this group of players that the Sabres might keep gel would be a welcome sight.

As for the players that Adams will not keep, jettison them ASAP

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Taylor Hall is a major disappointment.  Especially with Eichel out.   Hall brings nothing.  I hope and pray we don’t sign him, please trade him.  Please  

Don't sell Taylor short, he does lead the team in penalty minutes. Oh, and pucks to the face.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 1

Watching Duffer and Marty.  Once again, the real Hockey talk is about the other team, their player development, their best players leading, their chances as the season progresses, yadda yadda. 

Then Buffalo, all they can say is they were almost close to kind of winning.

9 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

In order to dump Hall they will have to take an equally bad player and contract in return.   Ugh

No.  Hall’s is on a one year deal, his contract is up.  They can take a draft pick or a prospect and move on.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

I thought they picked it up in the 1st and 3rd. The second had moments as well. But yes, as many have pointed out, they need to stay out of the box, the PK is woeful against teams that can move the puck with some speed and accuracy. Did notice what Marty eluded to during the game, the puck possession numbers. But then, I've been harping on that with what seems like forever on that subject. I will never understand some of their on ice decisions, as in, the players. They give the puck away way to often, and sometimes without real pressure. It is baffling. But, baby steps, on to the next.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Tokarski gave them every chance to win this game.

Not bad for a dude who hasn't faced an NHL team in 5 years. And for coming in cold off the bench.

Total team shots attempted

NYR - 71

Buffalo - 42

Wow

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Not bad for a dude who hasn't faced an NHL team in 5 years. And for coming in cold off the bench.

Not at all.

He just said he was having fun out there tonight. I love it.

No pressure after a 5 year wait. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.