GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin looked a little better, showed off some of his cool stickhandling.

Why does no one know how to pass or shoot? 

I guess 1.5 years of a coach who wants you to think about backchecking first does that. 

Anyone with offensive instincts got neutered. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'll never understand something. If this had been a must-win game, the coach would have pulled the goalie when they held the puck in the Boston zone with a little over two minutes to go (and very likely well before that). You can score three goals in two minutes. The new coach threw in the towel. So this wasn't a must-win game? Why not? Hashtag losing culture.

Yes, you do understand.  

Same players, same system, same result.

I think any glimpses people saw of a player looking better were just the normal glimpses you get from time to time.

It’s going to be a long two months.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

The team overall looks poorly conditioned.   That won't change this season.   Lots of mistakes at the end of shifts.   You can tell training camp and the practices (do they even practice?) are not demanding whatsoever.   They all looked gassed heads down struggling to get back in the play.

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Granato post game. "My practices will be much different". Pretty much shoving RK under the bus. Should be interesting.

Bag skate them for 2hrs/day for a month please K thanks.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I guess we learned that they didn't quit on Krueger, they just suck. Exactly the same.

Is it just me or did Granato look like he'd rather be somewhere else? Lowest energy coach I've ever seen. 

Another team walks to a win against us with a mediocre effort required. 

It never felt like the team quit on Krueger to me, simply b/c all the players were very supportive of him in their interviews and no one wanted to go near suggesting the coach was the issue.  

And yet their play always *did* suggest they were quitting on the HC!

This team is not nearly as good as Sabres fans think it is "on paper".  

It is also dinged up right now too.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Everyone is trade-able but who want most of them?  Eakin, Okposo, Skinner, Hutton, Girgensons, JoJo and Miller, have zero trade value or less.  We’d have to pay someone to take Skinner or KO off our hands. 

At this point I want Risto, McCabe, Reinhart, Cozens, Dahlin and Mitts back and no one else.  I’m going to assume Lazar, Eakin, Girgensons, Skinner and probably KO will be back because there isn’t any market for them and Lazar is on a cheap deal.  

Sure we are likely stuck with 53 and 21.

The Blues could not trade Sobotka and Berglund either, so you package your dogs with other players and you purge.  Good GMs do it all the time.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The team overall looks poorly conditioned.   That won't change this season.   Lots of mistakes at the end of shifts.   You can tell training camp and the practices (do they even practice?) are not demanding whatsoever.   They all looked gassed heads down struggling to get back in the play.

Bag skate them for 2hrs/day for a month please K thanks.

They do really look slow compared to other teams. Even Jack did not have that speed he use to. 

Are Too many  chicken wings the problem? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

It never felt like the team quit on Krueger to me, simply b/c all the players were very supportive of him in their interviews and no one wanted to go near suggesting the coach was the issue.  

And yet their play always *did* suggest they were quitting on the HC!

This team is not nearly as good as Sabres fans think it is "on paper".  

It is also dinged up right now too.

No excuse there. You do realize we just played a team missing not only half their season starting D but several D replacements as well. Lots of teams banged up as bad or worse. 

This team didn't quit on Krueger, they just quit. They lack character. 

Remember the idea was bring in Krueger and his psychoanalysis since they had lost confidence etc. Well maybe they didn't lose it, maybe they just don't have it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I found it really strange and depressing how utterly silent the crowd was tonight.

There was a bit of cheering when we scored our goal.  Otherwise, the crowd was just silent.

Hopefully it is much more vocal on Saturday.   

The crowd was about 950 nurses and front line medical staff and the Sabres didn’t do anything to excite them.  

• Sad 1

It's probably been mentioned already but props to Duff and Biron for their emotion and authenticity for Hockey Fights Cancer.  Dudes definitely seem plugged in on the subject.  It's nice to know there are still a few people associated with this team that have a pulse. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Indabuff said:

It's probably been mentioned already but props to Duff and Biron for their emotion and authenticity for Hockey Fights Cancer.  Dudes definitely seem plugged in on the subject.  It's nice to know there are still a few people associated with this team that have a pulse. 

RJ has the biggest pulse of them all. Not sure how he has the energy for the games he calls. Surprised he didn't check out a few years ago. He is a trooper. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

Yes, they always do a nice job. Sincere and attached to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

They do really look slow compared to other teams. Even Jack did not have that speed he use to. 

Are Too many  chicken wings the problem? 

I can imagine for the majority of practice time the players are just standing around huddled around a whiteboard trying to figure out RKs wacky system while he rambles on with long winded philosophical responses to every little question. 

4 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I will second this. Their authentic reactions made me tear up, thinking about my mother that I lost to cancer 14 years ago. It’s a small gesture, but meaningful. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Nice shot Sam

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sam had too much time to think there.

Thought Casey's shot went in too

While controlling the rebound, Clifton made a desperation lunge with his stick and deflected the shot into the netting.  Great play by him and typical of the Sabres this year.

It amazes me how poorly these guys pass and that they can't catch passes that are right on their tape.  It's brutal.  Their practice habits must be awful and I blame that on RK for having no accountability on this team.

Hopefully Granato can get some, but I doubt it as an interim.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

While controlling the rebound, Clifton made a desperation lunge with his stick and deflected the shot into the netting.  Great play by him and typical of the Sabres this year.

It amazes me how poorly these guys pass and that they can't catch passes that are right on their tape.  It's brutal.  Their practice habits must be awful and I blame that on RK for having no accountability on this team.

Hopefully Granato can get some, but I doubt it as an interim.  

Just watched the replay of the Reinhart miss 3 times and I'm pretty sure no one's stick touched the puck.  The puck was bouncing/rolling and I think he caught it on end just as he shot it, while also trying to roof it at the same time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.